Rig Reboots Randomly

bg8780

Ive heard of BSOD'ing and freezing but my whole computer just restarts after playing crysis for about an hour. Ive been stable with everything else. Is this a different issue than my CPU/FSB OC? Maybe graphics card OC? I have my GTX 260 core 216 at FTW settings. By the way it was rebooting during cut scenes not even during gameplay. it also rebooted when i was at my desktop right after playing crysis (maybe 30 seconds after) Could i be pushing my mobo too hard? 1800mhz?

Thanks Guys

Random clean reboots like that usually indicate an instability of some kind, (whether it be due to CPU clock instability, RAM, GPU, MOBO) it just usually means instability. Try taking the clocks down a little and lightening up on it. Maybe even loosen timings a hair and game for a little while and see if you keep getting it. If not then you know its just giving you a fuss about the OC. I've had boards be stable 24/7 for several months and then randomly one day puke and not boot with the OC forcing me to take it down a notch (or even up a notch sometimes they can just disagree with the settings even if there lower and should technically be 'more stable').

Edited by Gr4vitas

ok guys i messed around with the voltages and now im all stable. Ran prime for about 3 hours and ran 8 test in intel burn in test(linpack), and also two 5 test initially. Not having any more issues as of now at these settings, temps never go over 63C during intel burn in test so im a happy camper. Thanks for all the continued advice and support guys. I love these forums!