User Account Control

dling

Ok so I turned off the "uac" in Vista, now i'm getting is warning every 5 or so mins. telling that its off.

How can I stop it? :blink:

Are we talking about the same thing. The warning I'm reffering to is the one saying that my uac is off. It shows up where the speaker icon is(bottom right hand corner). I did not think there was away to disable it in windows. I may be wrong.

Thanks.

Are we talking about the same thing. The warning I'm reffering to is the one saying that my uac is off. It shows up where the speaker icon is(bottom right hand corner). I did not think there was away to disable it in windows. I may be wrong.

Thanks.

Yes, we are talking about the same thing. It is actually Security Center telling you that UAC is off. Go to Control Panel > Security Center > and turn off the UAC alert or if you are like me just turn off all Security Center alerts all together. I hate Windows Security Center.

Yes, we are talking about the same thing. It is actually Security Center telling you that UAC is off. Go to Control Panel > Security Center > and turn off the UAC alert or if you are like me just turn off all Security Center alerts all together. I hate Windows Security Center.

Thanks, I will give it a try when I get home. :thumbs-up:

I also agree about the security center. It sucks.

Agreed. :)

"WARNING! You don't have a Firewall!" I didn't realize I need one when behind a hardware firewall. :P