Memtest86+ Errors

I had to send my ram back because I tested it with memtest86+ and it found over 6 million errors, I got the new memory this week and i ahve just tested it and after 2hours 30 mins it found 10 errors and the test stopped, although only a certain amount through the test, why does it not carry on and keep testing? and also what shall i do about the errors, that ram hasnt given me anywhere near as much trouble as the stuff i sent back, the stuff i sent back BSOD or just froze all the time, the only prob with the new ram in the system is that my pc froze while playing crysis for about 45 mins, after playing CS:S for 4 hours.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @2.66GHz 1.225v 333 *8 Default

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6

OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666C6 1333MHz ReaperX (2x2GB) 6-5-5-18 @1.88v

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB

Corsair TX750 750w PSU

2x Seagate 250GB Hard Drive SATAII RAID 0

Vista Ultimate 64Bit

Any information would be helpful

Thanks,

Brad

IMO if your RAM gives errors you should RMA it. An error is an error. I've had some prolems with my OCZ mem a while back too. RMA'd it for 3 times because of errors. Then switched to another brand, but that's a personal thing.

Edited by WR6X

Try running at 6-6-6 instead of 6-5-5. Also with 4GB you are going to need to give the NB some extra volts. +.300 to start probably. What test are you failing on. The Reaper X set I have to all of the 1.85 to 1.90 volts it was speced for to get the 6-5-5 timings at 1333MHz. Performance wise 6-6-6 is not far from the 6-5-5.

found over 6 million errors, I got the new memory this week and i ahve just tested it and after 2hours 30 mins it found 10 errors and the test stopped, although only a certain amount through the test, why does it not carry on and keep testing? and also what shall i do about the errors, that ram hasnt given me anywhere near as much trouble as the stuff i sent back, the stuff i sent back BSOD or just froze all the time, the only prob with the new ram in the system is that my pc froze while playing crysis for about 45 mins