Whats A Good Bandwidth For Ddr2 6400 Ram?

spikespiegel

Hey guys, recently updated my system to a q6600 and a asus p5q-e mobo with 4gb of ram (64 bit xp). I installed the 2 sticks of 2gb each onto the two black slots of ram as opposed to the 2 yellow ones. ANd my SI soft ram bandwidth came out to 5042/5037 stock. Then I read the manual and it said to put both sticks of ram in the yellow slots for better overclocking performance. So i swapped em to the yellow slots and ran sisoft (without any overclocking, all stock) and the ram bandwidth came down to the 2000s!

Does this mean i'm not in dual channel? Any help appreciated.

Hey guys, recently updated my system to a q6600 and a asus p5q-e mobo with 4gb of ram (64 bit xp). I installed the 2 sticks of 2gb each onto the two black slots of ram as opposed to the 2 yellow ones. ANd my SI soft ram bandwidth came out to 5042/5037 stock. Then I read the manual and it said to put both sticks of ram in the yellow slots for better overclocking performance. So i swapped em to the yellow slots and ran sisoft (without any overclocking, all stock) and the ram bandwidth came down to the 2000s!

Does this mean i'm not in dual channel? Any help appreciated.

well on default clocks on my 2x2gb Corsair 6400 kit i have Bandwidth 6400 MB/s. I suggest you to look your bios settings.

Edited by edimen

It is FSB driven so with a higher base FSB there will be a corresponding increase in bandwidth. If you keep the raw clock speed the same and increase the FSB the bandwidth goes up. Also depending on the program used to measure it you can get wildly varying results. Cas latency will help or hinder your results as well.

With a Q6600 at 266fsb hes in the ballpark when measured with Sandra.