American Public Education

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was hilarious! Sadly I am sure there are some idiots out there that really thought the State of Georgia was under attack when they heard the news. :lol:

my sister said something about Russia invading Georgia but you have to be an idiot to assume its the Georgia in America. I had never heard of a country called Georgia but im still smart of enough to realize that there must be a country called that

my sister said something about Russia invading Georgia but you have to be an idiot to assume its the Georgia in America. I had never heard of a country called Georgia but im still smart of enough to realize that there must be a country called that
AGREED

It would be "Russia Invades the USA!" not "Russia Invades Georgia!"...

Some people are so fricken thick...

Don't you get taught country names in Geography? :huh:

Don't you get taught country names in Geography? :huh:
Its a well known fact that the United States education system is pathetic (well at least the basic curriculum), I for one never took World Social Studies (basically geography) because it wasn't a required course.

So you know what that means, in my entire school history the only thing I ever learned was the History of the USA and very basic wold geography...

I'm talking like BASIC stuff and my schools budget was horrible so we essentially had early 1980's text books in the late 1990's... (no I'm not kidding)

Even since I've been out of school there has been major curriculum changes and a lot of what used to be advanced classes are now considered basic courses...

And you guys gotta think about it for a minute, the majority of Americans never leave the USA let alone even go to Canada or Mexico.

Europeans (due to the countries being smaller and there being vast differences between them you guys have access to A LOT of culture) are subjected to more varied countries and hae the requirement of knowing a lot more about that region then someone from the USA.

Edited by Andrewr05