New 9600 Xt 256

Agent89

I have a 9500 pro 128, but I seem to have problems with some games now.

I was wondering if the 9600 XT256 was better and help

these are my specs:

Athlon xp 2600+

512 mb RAM

Radeon 9500 Pro

It would be nice to have a more complete list of your computer parts if you want to know what to upgrade. We obviously don't need to know your keyboard or mouse, but it is nice to include things such as soundcard and motherboard.

Also, we can't give you much advice at all if you don't tell us more information about your RAM. Saying you have 512mb of RAM is like telling us you have a 4 cylinder car, and asking how fast it is. Not all sticks of ram are the same, do you know what speed it is?

If I were you, I'd hold out on a video card. The 9500 pro is a pretty nice card, and if your going to upgrade I'd wait for a 9700 pro or better for your money's worth.

Good luck, and happy spending. :)

There would be no point upgrading to the 9600xt from the 9500pro, because an overclocked 9500Pro could equal or even beat the 9600xt, so as far as performance is concerned it not worth it.

If you really want to upgrade the least you should buy would be a 9700pro or 9800np B)

The speed of your ram has nothing to so with overclocking your graphics card (RAM has to do with overclocking your processor)

All you have to do is download something like powerstrip or rage3d.

rage 3d

Then by going into Display properties>settings>advanced, then when you install rage3d it will create new tabs click on the one that says overclocker, then increase the core by about 20MHz and the 5MHz after that, and 10MHz memory and 5MHz after that.

Also remember to benchmark after each increase to check that its stable, then after it has become unstable back down 10MHz on the core and 5MHz memory and this is your graphics cards "Sweet Spot"

the default core of 275 should overclock to around 305+SAFELY and the 270(540) memory should hit 290+ SAFELY

Every card is different it may overclock more or less its allablut finding the sweet spot, Good luck :)

btw Agailion its a 9500pro not 9500np, hence cannot be flashed to 9700.