Gigabyte Ma790x-ds4 Lan Problem

Hey all I am having a problem with my LAN. When I hook a cable in to it, it doesnt recognize the network... I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers/used different cables/different routers and I cant think of anything else. On the back it has a orange LED on the back that always on never changes. The green one wont light up...

Thank you in advanced,

Jake

Now to be clear, when you put in the cable, windows in no way recognizes that you are connected?

Well going on that, you could try cleaning out the port with some canned air and maybe a qtip.

But on the otherhand, you say that there is an orange led, so that leads me to believe that the motherboard indeed recognizes that a cable is plugged in. So there's several things you could try here. Make sure that windows is configured correctly to get ip addresses and such, usually setting these to automatic works fine. Also, make sure that your router is configured correctly to accept new ip addresses and mac addresses. It could be that your router is just refusing to let you on the network. For example, at my girlfriend's house, the router will only accept the mac addresses of the computers that are in the house, so when I bring my laptop over there I'm SOL because my mac address isn't configured into the router. To be safe, I'd just hit the reset button on your router and start fresh. Also, go through windows and use the network wizard to join the network, making sure to have everything be automatic. If this works, and you get on the network, you can later figure out what you want to restrict for security's sake.

The orange led is always on... cable or no cable... even when the computer is off its still on.

Try a couple of things.

Mine would download a old driver every time I would do auto updates until I turned it off.

Unplug your power to your cable box for at least 10 seconds and reconnect and wait for about 5 minutes for the computer to recognize the cable box.