POLL: Soyo Dragon Lite KT333 Or MSI K7T266 Pro2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean cheap boards? What the heck have you been reading?

Abit's At7 Max is only $20 less then the K7V Dragon ULTRA PLATINUM (KT333). I guess you guys haven't see enough reviews or you are not looking in the right area. Soyo stinks for bandwidth performance. They are very slow benchmarking, It really comes down to what the user wants, performance or features? Me personally I have had them and hate them. When stock boards like a plain Intel can beat them benchmarking thats pretty bad to me. But like I said it all depends on what the user wants. <_>

I like them cause of the features. The reason i say they're cheap boards, is because they're both under $100. I've read lots of soyo reviews and even had a board for sometime myself. I liked its setup, but there are some fluff. I think i'm going to like my asus better because you can use the auto update feature to update your bios.

Features are what I like about Soyos also. They do come with lots of goodies, and usually are easily overclockable. That statement is misleading though. I heard alot of reviews that say "its overclocker friendly".....meaning that its an easy board to overclock, but I am starting to see, that doesn't mean they overclock well.

Overclocking aside, I think they're good boards. A few sorry benchmark scores would change my opinion fairly quickly though. And hey, they usually look half decent :).

I swear...i dont know why no one at this forum likes Epox-MSI-or Soyo...i have heard great revievs on the 3 and the msi and the epox both beat the ASUS motherboard which everyone else says is crappy because it over-heat on it self...and the Abit well they said the only thing its good for is 4 memory slots and like 12 others...and every time i ask why does no one like the Epox-MSI-and soyo(which in my opinnion is better and in 95% of the people that do reviews think its better also) people just say something like "it just is" or "those 3 motherboards are crappy"...now can someone please tell me why this is????

Give me a Abit or a Asus board with a Intel chip and I will blow the doors of a Soyo board everytime. I hate Soyo never liked them and never will. Their features are the only thing they have going for them. I throw my dragon in the garbage biggest piece of junk I ever had. Msi rocks too, I live their designs on their boards as for overclocking not as good as Gigabyte, Asus or Abit. :D