Clip on HS w/ no IHS

Hey just wondering if anyone has a cheap mod/recommendation for long term success on this kind of setup.

Currently I have a socket 939 Opty that I took the IHS off, and XP-90 clip on HS(UFO fan).

Well after like 3 months my temps get higher and higher. Like OCCT would be 49C after awhile, now just playing TF2(my gig, lol) using only 1 core used to show 45C just now hit 54C on the same OC. I turned the fan speed up yesterday because it hit 51C but it seems to be counter productive as it makes it not last as long. Re seating the HS fixes the prob. Seems that the vibration from the fan and the loose contact from my non modded clip on HS causes issues after a short time.

I dont like having to re seat it all the time b/c of people having bad luck and cracking cores on this kind of setup and its a pain.

I know I read a long time ago about sanding down the plastic mount or something, meaning more tension on the cpu, just wondering if this would fix the issue or just help.

well i used a clip-on without ihs but the clipon had been really tight with the ihs so it was able to go without.

are you accounting for seasonal change? in the winter, people turn heaters on... in the summer- it gets hot:tooth:

but it also sounds like yes you either need to bend the clipping mechanism into an arch to push the xp-90 harder, or there's another mod but i dont know it well

Iv'e used an XP-120 on a naked 165.I sanded down the stubs on the bracket.

You have to make sure you apply even downforce to avoid cracking the core.

I also bought another unmodded bracket to use on cpus with ihs intact.