Single Loop PA120.3 or Dual Loop PA160?

Elano

Hey guys,

I have a DFI x48-TR2 and the rest is basically what's in my old sig below.

I want to know what is more effective.

I need to watercool this stuff:

NorthBridge;

SouthBridge;

PWM area;

2 x ATI HD3780 in crossfire.

None of the above in stock speed (OC indeed).

So I was wondering what would be more efficient and intelligent:

A single loop using a big PA120.3 with 3 fans (push) or 2 x PA160 with two push fans in separate loops (GPU's 1 loop and NB, SB, PWM other loop) or considering the price a dual loop with 2 dual rads (4 fans) with the cheaper Swiftechs or Black ICE?

* Note: the CPU is NOT in watercooling it will be out of the loops.

Will a Laing D5 Basic/Swiftech MCP655 be able to handle those 5 blocks + reservoir and the PA120.3 and still make those temps cool enough?

If that's true I would defiantly keep it simple here (1loop1rad1res)! :)

Might want to reconsider the components of the loop. The SB needs no additional cooling and the only available PWM cooler worth using is the MIPS which will most likely be somewhere between $60.00 and $80.00 once you get it here from Germany.

With that said I'd use a 120.3 for the cards and NB in that order.

Might want to reconsider the components of the loop. The SB needs no additional cooling and the only available PWM cooler worth using is the MIPS which will most likely be somewhere between $60.00 and $80.00 once you get it here from Germany.

With that said I'd use a 120.3 for the cards and NB in that order.

Thanks Praz this is for future build and you are right no cooling for SB is needed for this board but I wanted to consider every upgrade possible.

For PWM area Watercool.de is eating those MIPS alive (also consider by many in EU a better finished block). With the SW-16 they solved the problem of the MIPS overheating the loop because they touch the the big CPL's.

The problem is Watercool.de gives a heck about selling their blocks to us. The owner was very rude to me when I tried to buy some on the early days of the release.

That's why I said the only available PWM cooler worth using is the MIPS because unless you can find someone to ship you a Watercool version you're pretty much out of luck.