Is this a good setup?

I am currently building myself a new watercooling setup and this is what I am getting.

So far I have already purchased a Swiftech MCR220-QP-K with 2 fans from t-ski.

For a cpu block the Swiftech Apogee GTX

For my 8800 GTS G92 I'm getting a Danger Den Maze 5 and the 8800GT/G92 Cooling Kit by iandh

I am picking up a Swiftech MCP655-B pump. Going to pick up some 1/2" ID Tygon, a 1/2" T and a Danger Den filport.

If you're set on getting (or already have) the Apogee GTX; the you should get the replacement copper top for it, because the stock aluminum top can lead to corrosion issues. If you don't have a CPU block yet, then I'd recommend going with the D-Tek Fuzion since it's the best performing block currently on the market.

If you're set on getting (or already have) the Apogee GTX; the you should get the replacement copper top for it, because the stock aluminum top can lead to corrosion issues.

I've seen this recommendation several times, but according to the swiftech website:

The housing is CNC machined out of billet aluminum and receives two plating's for a lifetime protection against corrosion: electroless nickel plating (MIL-C-26074E grade B) and Zinc Cobalt plating (ASTM B 840-99 grade 6).

I'm not blindly taking swiftech's word for lifetime protection - I always take marketers' claims with a grain of salt, but I'd like to hear your thoughts in light of their double plating. I realize you you say it "can lead to corrosion" instead of it "will lead to corrosion," but do you think the chances are great enough to justify spending an extra... $30-$40?.. on the replacement copper top?

If you're set on getting (or already have) the Apogee GTX; the you should get the replacement copper top for it, because the stock aluminum top can lead to corrosion issues.

I've seen this recommendation several times, but according to the swiftech website:

The housing is CNC machined out of billet aluminum and receives two plating's for a lifetime protection against corrosion: electroless nickel plating (MIL-C-26074E grade B) and Zinc Cobalt plating (ASTM B 840-99 grade 6).

I'm not blindly taking swiftech's word for lifetime protection - I always take marketers' claims with a grain of salt, but I'd like to hear your thoughts in light of their double plating. I realize you you say it "can lead to corrosion" instead of it "will lead to corrosion," but do you think the chances are great enough to justify spending an extra... $30-$40?.. on the replacement copper top?

Alex at Petra's Tech Shop has personally seen at least 2 of the stock tops that has suffered corrosion; further there have been reports of corrosion problems. In fact, it was due to numerous complaints from XS members that Swiftech even started producing the copper version of the top.

It's quite possible that there are people who've never had issues with it, but since there are known cases of problems the possibility does exist. And even the use of corrosion inhibitors does not provide 100% protection, it merely reduces the likelihood of having corrosion occur.

the guys at swiftech think it's nuts that there is corrosion.

apparently it only happens if you run distilled water for a long time: copper+aluminum=homemade battery kinda thing. not sure how antifreeze would stop that though, unless there's something extra inside that swiftech green bottle

Swiftech even adds some corrosion inhibitors to their fluid; but as I said earlier, it won't prevent corrosion.

The reason why they like to use aluminum is because it's less expensive than copper.