Best Wireless router

radodrill

so does that make the GL version the best? I've got the 54g v.5, and due to some issues I've been thinking of changing it out. Internet doesn't feel "snappy" at all (wired or wireless) and I've got the 8mb package from Comcast.

the GL is an 'open source' router with more memory. You can run the full version of DD-WRT on it without jumping through hoops.

with V5 of the standard wrt54g you should be able to run the micro version of DD-WRT. This is off the top of my head though, gotta look it up yourself to be sure.

I've flashed about 5 different WRT54G routers. I've done the newer versions that have less RAM and don't come with the Linux firmware preinstalled....those take a few more steps but it's still very easy. If you're going to buy one, get the WRT54GL like everyone has said. The 54GL is the same as the older model 54G before they changed the firmware to non-linux. You will not find a consumer level router out there with more options...not to mention it's rock solid and the wireless never drops out.

Currently the 2 prime candidates I'm looking at are the D-Link DGL-4300 and the Linksys WRT-54GL

some of the options that may sway me towards the D-Link are the Gamefuel traffic prioritization and the integrated gigabit switch (and wevsspot swears by it ;)).

I'm still open to suggestions so keep the ideas coming.