Decision between two motherboards, need help quick!

Sorry for the rush but I was able to acquire a q6600 , tuniq tower, and 3 gigs of pc5300.

Anyway I've narrowed my choices down to these two:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813136043

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813127030

I know the abit board is really nice, but I can't seem to find any reviews for the dfi board....

I had a DFI board with my current set up, i switched to an abit board when i broke the memory controller arms on the DFI...I loved how much you could push the DFI boards and the sheer amount of bios options. Not to mention they look rad with UV cathodes.

I just didn't know if there was any glaring issues with either board.

nope...not that I've heard of...

Praz would be the one to ask on the DFI...but since you already had one then you're already aware of how fussy then can be....;)

I would do as Praz mentioned and get the one that suits you best...the DFI will more than likely be the better clocker if you plan to push the quad...?

But other than that...;)

The Abit IP35 Pro board is a "known" commodity. There are lots of people using them, and lots of those users are satisfied.

So if you want a board that has already put the proof in the pudding go with the Abit.

If you want to be a pioneer, go with the DFI DK.

If I were spending my money I'd probably go with the Abit just because of it's proven track record.

I'd go with the Abit too, as wev has said they have already been out there for a while and there is good knowledge on them if you run into any issues. Its hard leaving DFI behind when we were all crazy about them but you have to weigh loyalty over product. Don't forget the Gigabytes also, they fall into the middle of your price range for a good P35.

But out of the 2 you suggested I would opt for the Abit.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

coming from personal experience, u sort of want to try different boards, see whats better and so on, if u know u must have the overclocker board, go dfi, if u want to experiment with some other company choose away, plenty of them :) and mainly read the reviews

Guest ElAguila

I have that DFI mobo and it is a solid mobo. If you are a hardcore overclocker and like to tweak your ram, cpu, and voltages to the max and understand most of those tweaks then go for the DFI board. If you want to overclock with minimal tweaking and get it up and running without the fine tuning on overclocking then go with the Abit board or a Gigabyte board. IMHO most problems people have with DFI boards is that there are too many settings for them and they are not sure of some of what they are doing. Are you looking at getting a 45nm cpu soon? If not then you might look at some of the 650i chipset board if you are not doing sli or crossfire. Also some of the ASUS P35 mobo's are good as well.

The scary thing about DFI boards is the BIOS, you think you know whats what and then you see it for the first time and its like :eek2: The amount of voltage settings is confusing enough on their own lol

Guest SuppA-SnipA

lol i was always afraid of ANY bios, not anymore :D, i learned a lot on the DFI bios, the only thing that confused me was the CPU VID SPECIAL CONTROL, but then again, each mobo has a different looking bios, that one little option can be in a totally different location