i'm going to install vista, will raid work directly?

Programer1

i'm going to install windows vista 32 on my rig below,

i went to dfi's website to see if there is any raid driver, and i haven't found any,

anyway, my raid0 configuration is on the nVIDIA nForce controller,

will vista recognize that during the installation or do i have to load some raid drivers,

thanks in advance

i'm going to install windows vista 32 on my rig below,

i went to dfi's website to see if there is any raid driver, and i haven't found any,

anyway, my raid0 configuration is on the nVIDIA nForce controller,

will vista recognize that during the installation or do i have to load some raid drivers,

thanks in advance

Nope...you'll need to load the drivers...thankfully, vista is not as archaic as XP and accepts USB flash drivers as source for drivers install as opposed to floppys only.

I have an ICHR8 and had to load the intel drivers from my USB key on the first install...

Nope...you'll need to load the drivers...thankfully, vista is not as archaic as XP and accepts USB flash drivers as source for drivers install as opposed to floppys only.
That is why I suggested to read my guide.

I have an ICHR8 and had to load the intel drivers from my USB key on the first install...
Nope, Intel ICH8R S-ATA RAID Controllers are fully supported by Vista. There is no need to load any Intel ICH8R textmode drivers while installing Vista.

http://rapidshare.com/files/78901590/Vista_32-bit_RAID.zip

Just download and toss the files on a floppy or flash, and follow below.

This works for the 32-bit version of Vista (tested on a DFI LanParty UT nF4 Expert)

download this zip file containing the three drivers you need.

extract them and put them on a floppy or flash drive (folder hierarchy doesn't really matter)

in the vista installer, when it asks what drivers to load, click "browse" and go to the 'SATA_IDE' folder inside of the zip file above.

Load the driver labeled 'NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller'.

Vista should now recognize your raid, but you want to load the next two drivers as well so you dont get errors later on..

go back to the load drivers page, and install the next to drivers in the following order (both located in the 'SATARAID' folder):

NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller

NVIDIA nForce RAID Device

Now partition your RAID, and go to town. enjoy!