low performance on high parts???

yeap 2T :D but it tried 2x512 1T before and didnt gain anything really. the extra gig was worth it more, bandwidth in memtest right now is ~2700mb, i dont remember how high it was with 1T but not much higher.:tooth:

1T fails right a little after ddr400 as well lol. i didnt notice a difference in bandwidth between 2.5-2-2-5 and 2.5-3-3-7 so i migth as well go for 2.5-3-3-7 then right?

crysis now works so far lag free at high on all. cant test very high because im on xp:sweat:

---

well would it be better to switch back to my old opteron 165. it could do 2.8ghz stable, maybe 2.9 but def not 3. i think the cpu might be able to be stable 3.2.

I'll clear up the harddrive, pagefile, defrag, and report back ;D

---

ran spi got 29.859s.... at 3050mhz, ddr510

29.390 so far.. 3100mhz ddr520, tightening timings. must be l2 cache sensitive, or else the opteron had more bite?

hiscore right now is 28.704 but i've gone to 27s but i forget what config i had (processors-wise..)

=======

sisoft sandra says i got

int memory bandwidth of 5479mb/s

floating pt 5522mb/s

with bandwidth efficiency of ~67.94%.. ? whats that mean? per watt? im only using 70% of my capapbilities for ram..?

got good performance vs speed, but not anything else compared to nowadays lol.

===

played crysis online 1440x900 high everything 2xaa and avg 25fps i think (fraps)... games fine, just feels funky :/

if there's even a problem it sounds like power or heat, most likely heat since u have 750w but then again its a thermaltake, and I'm not sure of how reliable they are. other things come to mind, sometimes there's reference to a chips performance being lower when pushed too much over the edge. this is pretty rare, and I have never experienced it, and it usually happens with insufficient cooling. which also reminds me that i never clock a chip out of acceptable temp ranges.

oh and btw you can run 'very high' in XP with tweaking some files, just goog it up.