Playing with the green sista

since my 6800 video card is back from the evga RMA, and that i have some free time, im now back on playing with the green sista

hardware in sig have change a bit

DFI LPB nF2 ultra-B

2500+ XP-M

2*512mb of Centon TCCD (blue heatspreader - Bought from angry ;) )

evga 6800 (unlocked pipe)

fortron 450W (17A + 18A on 12V)

Thermaltake Silent Tower heatpipe heatsink with 88cfm fan on it

good wiring and alot of airflow in the full tower case

im now running 200*10 (1.45V) with the ram at 1:1 @ 2-2-2-5 1T 2.6V set in bios

all other setting on AUTO

im now trying to hit 215FSB @ 1.5V with ram at 1:1 @ 2-2-2-5 1T 2.6V set in bios

i did a quick run with the fsb @ 220mhz but prime fail after 2 sec and memtest give me alot of error in test #3 & #4 at around 550mb, but so far @ 215fsb everything seems OK

2nd tried

fail in test 6 @ 215fsb ram @ 2-2-2-5 1T 2.6V set in bios

cpu volt @ 1.5

3rd tried

put the cpu @ 215*7 @ 1.5V to eliminate the cpu from the equation, with the ram @ 215fsb 1:1 , 2-2-2-11 1T 2.7V set in bios , it failled test #5

they still have 6800 cards to RMA with? thats amazing

i was hopping @ 7800GS or 7600GT for my rma replacement. but they send me a 6800

i was sure those card were dead for a while but it seems lik enot

i didnt receive a new card itds a refurbed one ..... it had the stocker with the old serial number on it

bck on topic

i have run memtest for 2hrs at 215 fsb 2-2-2-11 1T 2.7V in bios

but it fail 220fsb wintin 1min

im not trying 230fsb @ 2.5-3-3-11 1T @ 2.7V in bios

Guest Blooz1

So ebdoradz, havin' some fun with some real overclocking, huh?

It makes you realize how much simpler everthing is now!

Last year I was having a ball with the DFI nF2 Infinity I had until I blew it up doing something stupid - I still miss the Soundstorm!

So ebdoradz, havin' some fun with some real overclocking, huh?

It makes you realize how much simpler everthing is now!

Last year I was having a ball with the DFI nF2 Infinity I had until I blew it up doing something stupid - I still miss the Soundstorm!

lol yeah that the real overcloking school, i bought that LPB brand new 1 ½ year ago. probaby one of the last LPB that was on sale in a retail store

i had some fun with it and some OCZ ram that refuse to work at anything above 210fsb. i then bought from Angry those centon sticks and im hoping to hit 2400 @ 240*10 ...

im currently memtesting @ 230mhz and its stable so far

Guest Blooz1

I really hadn't had my Infinity B for very long before I blew it up. Stupid accident, really a DUH moment! For some reason, I had to remove the vid card to do something. After I'd reseated it, when I went to plug in the power connector I somehow managed to do it upside down, and let the "magic smoke" out! Took out the card and the slot - CPU was fine.

I'd only gotten up to the 220-230 range in O/Cing it at that time. I was having fun, because even on a Socket "A" DFI gives you so many options!

I still have 3 perfectly good Socket "A" boards sitting here, an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and 2 Epox 8RDA+'s. I also still have me trusty ol' 2500 Barton, one of the first ones out with the unlocked multiplier. It runs like a bear - did 2.35Ghz for 1 1/2 years 24/7 running SETI most of the time in one of the Epox boards!

i was sure it was X or 11 for tras but remmeber the value .. since you suggest 9 i might try to tight up my timing a bit

but tras wont realy affect my memorie bandwidth .... i hope

and what is the limit of TCCD @ 2-2-2-5???

successfully ran memtest @ 235fsb 2.5-3-3-11 1T for 14hrs @ 235*8 @1.5V

now aiming for 235*9 ... tryied 235*10 @ 1.825v but cuase BSOD right after le bleu loading bar of win xp pro

EDIT

235*9 @ 1.75V manage BSOD, tried uping the volt on the chipset from 1.6 to 1.7 still same thing BSOD

whatever i do, if i dont get a bsod on the loading screen, i get it when t he desktop appear .... the ram is stable with 14 hrs of memtest at those setting

Any tips from the nf2 guru'S to help me out in this adventure??