Need Help Clean White Residual on My Rad

Hi Guys:

Hope you guys had a wonder new year party. ;)

I was flushing my watercooling system and found out inside my radiator, it is coated with white residual (wax like crap). And that was directly resulted by using FluidXP coolant. I tried to clean the residuals but not successful. Does anyone know how to completely clean the wax like residual or know any solutions that can dissolve those stuff without hurting the radiator?

Thanks a million for any help and Happy New Year. :D

Hi Guys:

Hope you guys had a wonder new year party. ;)

I was flushing my watercooling system and found out inside my radiator, it is coated with white residual (wax like crap). And that was directly resulted by using FluidXP coolant. I tried to clean the residuals but not successful. Does anyone know how to completely clean the wax like residual or know any solutions that can dissolve those stuff without hurting the radiator?

Thanks a million for any help and Happy New Year. :D

Have you tried running hot distilled water through it?

Stories like this are one reason I have avoided color coolants.

Im wondering if it isnt the same kind of buildup you get in the bathtub. You need some kind of acidic cleaner in there. I would suggest trying Vinegar solution first...probably a 100% pure solution then some kind of flush. If not, then some kind of "Limeaway" type solution as a last resort. Good Luck. Hey, these are what I would try given your situation. You might have reservations about it, but then again you might think its a good idea. Just my two-cents.

Thanks I appreciated for that info. :D

Im wondering if it isnt the same kind of buildup you get in the bathtub. You need some kind of acidic cleaner in there. I would suggest trying Vinegar solution first...probably a 100% pure solution then some kind of flush. If not, then some kind of "Limeaway" type solution as a last resort. Good Luck. Hey, these are what I would try given your situation. You might have reservations about it, but then again you might think its a good idea. Just my two-cents.

I tried with put my rad in a tanked of boiled hot water for like 15 mins. It helps a bit. However, the result is still not satisfied.

it might take several repetitions until you see big improvement. Keep going.