uhhh help asap plz!

Guest RandallTank_merged

So you didn't connect the fourth pin from the fan to the motherboard? What happened with your processor? If you want to setup raid, use the GIGABYTE RAID (the two purple SATA ports) on your board. Go to the Gigabyte site and look up your board and find the Gigabyte RAID F6 drivers which should be 60k or something. Load them on a floppy. The bios is a little tricky, i hope you have read the manual and if not look over it and i'll take you from there. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RandallTank
So you didn't connect the fourth pin from the fan to the motherboard? What happened with your processor? If you want to setup raid, use the GIGABYTE RAID (the two purple SATA ports) on your board. Go to the Gigabyte site and look up your board and find the Gigabyte RAID F6 drivers which should be 60k or something. Load them on a floppy. The bios is a little tricky, i hope you have read the manual and if not look over it and i'll take you from there. :)

lets for a min assume i don't have a floppy or a floppy drive, and have read the manual a bit and just downloaded the drivers.

actually it was this

I think he meant it was #4 on his list.

Did you miss one of the standoffs?

i put one about an inch off

If you don't have an internal floppy drive, or the USB version the only way that i know is if you integrate the RAID Drivers into Windows XP CD-ROM somehow (ONLY WINXP).

Note: You going to run Vista or XP? If you want to utilized all four Gigabytes of memory i would go with the 64bit version of VISTA. Another thing is that Vista will take USB flashdrives, harddrives and etc to load anything for RAID at the beginning of the OS installation.

Yes, for XP you need a floppy drive or integrated drivers. Vista allows the use of any storage device though such as a thumb drive for loading RAID drivers. I prefer using the Intel RAID over the Gigabyte RAID but it's up to you...

Guest RandallTank
If you don't have an internal floppy drive, or the USB version the only way that i know is if you integrate the RAID Drivers into Windows XP CD-ROM somehow (ONLY WINXP).

Note: You going to run Vista or XP? If you want to utilized all four Gigabytes of memory i would go with the 64bit version of VISTA. Another thing is that Vista will take USB flashdrives, harddrives and etc to load anything for RAID at the beginning of the OS installation.

heres my mobo raid drivers

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard...?ProductID=2580

can any of those be read from a USB drive, i do have a couple of those

Guest RandallTank
Yes, for XP you need a floppy drive or integrated drivers. Vista allows the use of any storage device though such as a thumb drive for loading RAID drivers. I prefer using the Intel RAID over the Gigabyte RAID but it's up to you...

why intel or gigabyte, and i do have vista 64bit, i was just going to install xp first to do some benchmarking to compare to my old pc, but that can wait.

Why would you prefer Intel Matrix RAID over the GigaByte RAID? Just curious? :)

Well, from what I've heard the Gigabyte controller shares the PCI bus and has more contention for bandwidth as compared to the Intel since integrated into the chipset. Also, from the tests I've seen the Intel controller pulls ahead slightly in speed and response times. Intel is also a proven brand when it comes to storage controllers and their drivers are updated regularly.

Here is a review...the differences are negligible but why not use the Intel if it's slightly faster. This is the ICH8 controller so I'm not sure how much different the ICH9 is...

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

Guest RandallTank
Well, from what I've heard the Gigabyte controller shares the PCI bus and has more contention for bandwidth as compared to the Intel since integrated into the chipset. Also, from the tests I've seen the Intel controller pulls ahead slightly in speed and response times. Intel is also a proven brand when it comes to storage controllers and their drivers are updated regularly.

Here is a review...the differences are negligible but why not use the Intel if it's slightly faster. This is the ICH8 controller so I'm not sure how much different the ICH9 is...

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html...W50aHVzaWFzdA==

sounds good can i get a link to the raid driver i need.