New vid card recommendations

Honestly, gpu overclocking with rivatuner and atitool is as easy as it gets (gpu bios overclocking is another story). However, you are seriously bandwidth limited down at 2.4ghz on your 4800+ as it is. I'm cpu limited at 2.7ghz on my Opteron 165 (and even more so at the 2.6 its currently at). I'm seriously considering getting better cooling and pushing for 3Ghz+ to get the most out of this cpu before its time to call it quits and get a new 45nm quad core from Intel that hits 4ghz on air (if you have the FSB ability when it comes to the multi locked quad's).

Guest DaddyD302
sweetness. i just bought the EVGA in the link i posted above (the one with the G92 core). Maybe I can get my 3dmark06 score above 4000 this time!! (currently at 3600 lol)

You made a wise choice in choosing eVGA. Make sure you register your card at eVGA or they won't let you rma it if something goes wrong. You also have 90 days from purchase to decide if you want to keep that card or upgrade to a faster card within 90 days.

Honestly, gpu overclocking with rivatuner and atitool is as easy as it gets (gpu bios overclocking is another story). However, you are seriously bandwidth limited down at 2.4ghz on your 4800+ as it is. I'm cpu limited at 2.7ghz on my Opteron 165 (and even more so at the 2.6 its currently at). I'm seriously considering getting better cooling and pushing for 3Ghz+ to get the most out of this cpu before its time to call it quits and get a new 45nm quad core from Intel that hits 4ghz on air (if you have the FSB ability when it comes to the multi locked quad's).

With NiBitor and NVflash, BIOS overclockign can work well with Rivatuner. Use Rivatuner to find your O/C and then flash it to the new speed.

With the 8800 GT, it appears they beneift from changing the voltage in BIOS to about 1.1v. It made my clocks over 730 more stable...now if I could just get past that "hole" between 740 and 756.