Opteron 180 stuck @ 234

I have a problem with the OC and can't figure out what's wrong. SYSTEM in SIG.

I have gotten my Opteron 180 to 12x 234 with the VCORE at 1.35v and @1.02% with DRAM set @100 1/02 and the LDT/FSB set to 2x. BUT I can't get the FSB past 234 stable even with the increase to 1.04%. Since I have the RAM out of the OC and lowered the HTT to the 2x what can be causing it not going any higher? Is it just the CPU won't go any further or should I just raise the Special VCORE % higher? I figured that if it didn't allow me to go further with the increase to 1.04% that increasing it further wouldn't matter. IS it the CPU or do I have other options.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried making those changes and it didn't help out any "Sharp" I am enclosing my RAM settings and what I have it set on now. Maybe you can see a in the settings that I have a way to get my OC higher.

FSB.........234

LDT/FSB......x4

CPU/FSB......x12

PCI FREQ.....100Mhz

CPU VID STARTUP......STARTUP

CPU VCORE.....1.35v

SPECIAL CONT...102.4%

LDT VOLT.CONT...1.20v

CHIPSET VOLT....1.52v

DRAM VOLT.......2.66v

100 1/02

CPC........DISABLE

TCL...........3.0

TRCD..........03

TRAS..........08

TRP...........03

TRC...........07

TRFC..........11

TRRD..........02

TWR...........02

TWTR..........02

TRTW..........03

TRCF..........3120 CYCLES

TWCL..........01

DRAM BANK INTERLEAVE..ENABLE

DQS SKEW CONT..............AUTO

DQS SKEW VALUE..............0

DRAM DRIVE STRENGTH........AUTO

DRAM DATA DRIVE STRENGTH...AUTO

MAX ASYNC LATENCY.......... .08ns

DRAM RESPONSE TIME.........NORMAL

READ PREAMBLE TIME......... .06ns

IDLE CYCLE LIMIT............256 CYCLES

DYNAMIC COUNTER............DISABLE

R/W QUEUE BYPASS............16x

BYPASS MAX.................. 7x

32 BYTE GRANULARITY........DISABLE(4BURSTS)

I'll try upping the LDT volts and trying something other than the 100 1/02 setting for the RAM when I get to my system later today. I have been using the 100 1/02 because of the DFI OCing guide to just OC the CPU first and let the RAM out of it but I guess that isn't working. I thought that the OCing guide was the way to go but maybe it isn't that good on some of the DFI MB's. I have tried upping the VCORE to 104% and it seemed to do nothing since the out come was the same. I even tried raising the RAM voltage to 2.72v froom the 1.66v but it didn't seem to do anything either.

It is running now at 234FSB x4HTT VCORE 1.35v@ 102% with the same RAM settings but @ 166 5/6 I tried 180 9/10 but it didn't pass OCCT. It passes memtest with no problems.

Sorry for not getting back sooner.

TRC...........07 change to 11

TRFC..........11 change to 14

And try running the memory as close as you can to 200Mhz (400DDR).

Lower your multiplier (CPU ratio) to something such as x8.

Dual core means it requires a lot more power and the memory controller/memory settings may be running low but the actual memory controller isn't.

Should it fail start increasing the Vcore voltage and monitor the PWM and CPU temps. (What are these temps at the moment?)