Looking to buy a new LCD monitor

pkilway

Looking to spend about $200-250(max) on a new LCD monitor. Newegg.com has two that look very appealing.

CHIMEI CMV 221D-NBC Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor

and

Hanns·G HG-216DPO Silver/Black 22" 5ms Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor

Anyone have opinions on either of these, or could recommend a 22" LCD that's in the same price range??

I don't have either of these monitors. Based on the features, I would go with the Hanns-G HG-216DPO because it supports HDMI. If you have a Xbox 360 or PS3, you could connect your console to it and play games in high definition. If not, since you have the Radeon X1950 XT which supports HDCP, you will get high definition also.

That monitor doesn't come with a HDMI cable. I highly recommend getting a Monster HDMI cable and adapter. You can get them both at your local Best Buy. I'll give you a couple of links for references.

HDMI cable - http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3832

Adapter - http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2942

A neighbor of mine has that exact model of Hanns-G and loves it!

I've got the Hanns-G 19" JW199D widescreen, and it's been very, very good to me.

I've never owned a Hanns-G monitor so I can't vouch for the one you're looking at. However, I've had the Chimei CMV-221D for several months now and I love it. It was an "upgrade"? from a Viewsonic VP-201B which I used to think was the best LCD monitor ever made.

The Chimei doesn't have HDMI inputs, so that may or may not be a deal breaker for you. My monitor is 100% dedicated to my PC so HDMI inputs are worthless to me.

The Chimei has excellent blacks, whites are crisp and grayscale tracking is outstanding. Colors are vibrant and mine came without a single dead pixel.

I highly recommend this monitor to anyone that asks.

Add the Neo-Flex LCD stand for about $30.00 and you've got a tremendous viewing experience.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...10051&langId=-1

I still have my ViewSonic VP-201B 20-inch LCD monitor for my BatComputer. And I agree with you that it was the best LCD monitor of its time.

It was an "upgrade"? from a Viewsonic VP-201B which I used to think was the best LCD monitor ever made.

I paid a fortune for mine (like $549) at the time. I loved it. I used it until I got this Chimei and then I sold it to a guy who is still using it to this day.

I'll tell you though, for the price I'd buy three of these Chemei's and call it a day.

Everything I've heard on the Acer monitors has been pretty positive. I've used a couple of the 19" versions on customer builds and they have been totally happy with them. Certainly worth looking into for the price to performance ratio for sure.

Even Acer laptop screens are super (in fact typing this right now on my now ancient Acer work laptop).

Please tell me it doesn't have a neckstrap...lol

Yeah dude I am very surprised at even the game play on them too. I was very weary getting one for games cause I have an old MicroTek with 30ms response and when playing FPS games you feel like you have had one too many beers with the blur effect when looking around but the Acer is pretty damn close to a CRT. Comparing it to the 19"CRT I was using , its huge yet I get most of my desk area back. I can honestly say I'm very happy I got it.