I think my redlines died :(

I was messing around with some overclocking, had my system running at 260Mhz fsb with my ram 1:1 it ran overnight on memtest and never once put out an error, ran orthos in windows but wasn't stable failed after about 4 hours. I went into the bois to change the LTD/FSB ratio from 4 to 3 saved then apon reboot I got a long beep a pause then it continued like that. Tried with just one stick in the farthest orange slot one stick will boot but will not post, the other just beeps. I'm pretty sure they are toast but if anyone has any ideas please feel free to share.

Yup. Unplugged the system removed the battery and cleared the cmos for 30min. I tried the ram in another system and the other system booted right up, I then tried some different ram in my system and my system booted right up. I then tried the redlines in my system again got it to boot once, then it started with the beeping again.

Hello,

Do not remove the battery, only use the CMOS jumper.

Might be dead or just needs more voltage to run.

Use some memory that works, set the memory voltage to 2.8v.

Save and exit.

And try 1 of the Redline modules.

If it works set the voltage to 3.2v (I assume you have been using this or higher?)

Save and exit.

Try the other Redline module.

I used a stick of kingston set the ram voltage to 3.0 volts threw in one of the redlines it booted right up, got into windows and it just restarted. Put the kingston stick back in computer runs fine no reboots. mushkin tech support had me do that. The system was very unstable with the my redlines in it @ stock settings, I think I pushed them to far :(

• 2 weeks later...
So I RMA'ed my XP3500 Redlines and as a replacement they are sending me XP4000 Redlines. Did I luck out or what.

Awesome. Good to hear. Ocz did the same for me with my old system. They let me trade in my working ddr400 in for ddr500 plats DC EL. I was having compatibility problems with a mobile cpu, a single channel mobo(dfi nf3 250gb)

and 2gb's of plats that werent even DC.

I called mushkin once to ask them if my chips were Micron, and someone in tek support answered the phone after about 5 rings and answered all my questions very politely and thouroughly, going into detail i didn't even ask for. He said sometime soon, there will be some changes, but they will announce them, and not lie or bs their customers.

And he did say my chips are Micron, as i saw in their list on their site. Glad you lucked out. :)