dual core in windows running like single core

hi there, i got a DFI Lanparty SLI-DR Expert with a OPTERON 180 on WIndows Professional with Service pack 2, in windows task manager in tab performance just shows one cpu usage graphic it should appear 2. the CPU is acting like single core.

I read here a few posts and tried to go /system32 delete hal.dll, copied halaacpi.dll into /system32 and renamed it to hal.dll. This procedure worked with the other guy but... the windows didnt boot

Its annoing... :(

any tip ?

Are we talking about a fresh XP install which didn't pick up both cores, or you swapped CPU while keeping the OS installed?

If the latter you could check this post and see if you missed some steps: http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showpost.p...081&postcount=3

The problem might be that you swapped, but didn't give XP a fair chance to pick up the new device if the old single core device was kept installed.

I wouldn't mes around, just clean install, and you'll be back up in no time. Unless it's a modified XP install CD it should configure itself during install. I don't bother with any of the optimizers and don't have any problems.

its a winXP sp2 fresh install.. in the device manager in the processors shows 2 "dual core AMD opteron processor 180" in the task manager just shows one cpu graph, in cpuz everithing ok.. hmm im without opteron drivers what opteron drivers should i trie ?

check out AMD's site there are some optimizers and drivers but like the others said it should pick up on the dual core unless it's an old xp like before sp1 or is not intergratered install re nlite

i have the latest version of the bios, i did the AMD driver install cpu dual and optimizer, and "voila" it now shows 2 cores on the graph (task manager) everithing running smooth for now! :)

thks guys