SATA DVD Burners

zorf

Can anyone recommend a good SATA burner? I read that the MSI XA52P states on it's box 'designed for Intel chipset motherboard. May not work with other chipset'. Toms Hardware confirmed that it did not work with the 655Tx chipset from SIS nor the Southbridge VT8237 from VIA. Lit-on has the hacks and good support.

My mobo is a Lanparty UT NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT.

I have a Lite-On LH-20A1L SATA burner, and other than it being on the loud side, it's a great burner. Everything I've tried so far has burned flawlessly at the highest speed, and the buffer doesn't fluctuate like my old Pioneer DVR-109 did. It also allows bitsetting, which is a useful feature for me. I wish it would burn at my Verbatim DL DVD+R's max speed (10x), but I guess you can't have everything :P.

The 20A1L model is SATA with LightScribe, and the A1S model is just SATA.

I was looking for some recommendations a few days ago and angry games told me that this model sata dvd burner was tested on many dfi boards and worked just fine. I'm just waiting for the retail version to get back in stock so I could get a white faceplate.

I've got a Samsung model that has worked great on a couple mATX boards.

But read up on your board before you buy, some just absolutely hate SATA optical drives, especially if you run RAID.