680i or P35? Which is better for overclocking?

Right now I just cannot decide which motherboard would be best for my needs, an evga 680i or an asus p35. Ive researched the hell outta this, but I cant seem to get a definitive answer. Basically, which board would be best for both cpu and memory overclocking? I will only be running one video card, so I dont really need sli. I will be running an e6850 cpu and for the memory, ill be running this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820231065

(actually, I've already bought it, couldnt pass up this deal hehe)

So yeah, which board do you think would be best for my needs? Any advice appreciated. :)

I killed my Asus P5N32-E last week and ended up with an Abit IP35 to hold me over till X38 based boards hit the shelves. The P35 clocks better on both the CPU and memory. So far it also has a slight performance per clock advantage as well.

Yes, I am recommending P35 over 680i. As far as which board, I would go for either the Asus P5K deluxe or the Gigabyte GA P35 DQ6. I have seen the P5K in action and it is a sweet board. I just didn't have the money for it.

I have both a 680 & P35 based board & the P35 has the performance edge in benchmarks non SLI.

The DFI 680i LT is a great board for playing about with memory really freely running between 800 & 1200mhz 1 & 2T 1:1 synced or unlinked as it will almost run anything you can dial in within reason where as the ASUS doesn't feel so free due to the memory being locked to dividers & its not that hot at 1T but then it doesn't need to be to beat the 680.

There isn't that much between the 2 chipsets to really worry about imo either board would be fine.

The only thing that may swing this for you is if you wan to run quad core really fast the ASUS P5K Deluxe is the hot cookie atm running crazy high quad fsb.

Craig.

Whats the difference between these two boards?:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131185

AND

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131182

from what I can tell, the only significant difference is that one has wifi and one doesnt (dont really need that). Is that correct? Which should I get?

Anyone?

Guest InFeKtioN
Anyone?

You just have to read bud !

Some differences :

WiFi vs Not

2x PCIE x16 vs 1

3x PCI Slots vs 2

1 x PCI-X vs 0

Realtek ALC888 audio vs ADI AD1988B

Ive researched the hell outta this, but I cant seem to get a definitive answer.

The answer is simple. If doing sli you need a 680i board. If not,then an Intel chipset board. Proprietary monopoly is the only reason for the existence of the 680i chipset. Intel chipsets offer better performance, reliability and ease of use. If nVidia were to ever cross-license sli the 680i would cease to exist.

You just have to read bud !

Some differences :

WiFi vs Not

2x PCIE x16 vs 1

3x PCI Slots vs 2

1 x PCI-X vs 0

Realtek ALC888 audio vs ADI AD1988B

lol i did! I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything important..

Anyways, thanks for your help everybody!

• 2 weeks later...

I personally ended up with the Abit IP35 Pro @ Q6600 combination after a few days of researching different sources from the internet. It´s the latest technolgy right now available and also worth mentioned that in one review it totally kicked Asus p5k Deluxe´s butt. :D