Says ZDNet about Barcelona - "Blatant deceptive advertising"

Praz

If Hector Ruiz fell off a building today, I bet Barcelona would have a 20% performance increase, the stock would go up to $20/share, and AMD+ATI _might_ have a chance of being worth half of what AMD or ATI by themselves was worth a year and a half ago. I believe he is ruining the company.

I'm really disappointed in AMD. :/ This is like the barton crap soon after AMD came out with their retarded special rating system.. a 3200+ was supposedly equal to a 3.2 GHz Intel. Unfortunately the barton got pwned in everything but one area.

it did?

I distinctly remember the Barton kicking the crap out of everything and anything Intel had up to that point except anything that took real advantage of Hyperthreading.

We must have been living in different universes because in my universe, the P4 couldn't touch an AthlonXP in anything except encoding (since everything was compiled for the P4 Netburst architecture). Any raw cpu performance area the AthlonXP owned the P4.

...This is like the barton crap soon after AMD came out with their retarded special rating system.. a 3200+ was supposedly equal to a 3.2 GHz Intel. Unfortunately the barton got pwned in everything but one area.

Actually the PR rating compares to older AMD CPUs and not Intel's.

AMD says that the PR rating denotes how fast a Thunderbird CPU would have to be to match the rated CPU.

...AMD identifies the AMD Athlon XP processor using model numbers, as opposed to clock speed in megahertz. Model numbers are designed to convey the relative performance of AMD Athlon XP processors, as well as communicate the architectural superiority over existing AMD Athlon processors. The higher the model number, the better the performance...

Source:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/Virtual...3~11188,00.html