42" Sharp Aqous on 6800GT-

n3ro

I hope that this doesn't get reposted due to my session logging out -

Ok, I hope that I am posting this in the right area. I have been using my TV to watch movies from my computer (via DVI). I ran the TV setup and made sure that it was broadcasting 1080p etc. I am able to run movies just fine, however when I got a urge to play a game hooked up to the TV it was not as good. I wasn't able to run it on the TV full screen, nor was I able to run it in windowed mode. I was choppy, laggy and just horrible to look at. I know that people use 37" TV's as there monitors and it looks just amazing, running smoothly and well how it should. My ? is why or what could I be over looking to run it on mine? The video card should be able to push out to that.. Any thoughts?

What resolution/refresh rates are you running? What have you tried? Because native res for 1080P is 1920x1080, as far as I know. And that will kill your little 6800GT very quickly with most games. Try some different resolutions, it sounds like your tv's scaling capabilities are poor at best.

What resolution/refresh rates are you running? What have you tried? Because native res for 1080P is 1920x1080, as far as I know. And that will kill your little 6800GT very quickly with most games. Try some different resolutions, it sounds like your tv's scaling capabilities are poor at best.

So you think its the VC then.. I was as well.. I thought that VC could handle that though

You would need a 8800 gts or gtx probably

I wouldn't say that. Any card with 512MB memory or more should cut the mustard for most games at that resolution. I'm not saying maxed but medium-high settings. I would say try and get a 7950GT or ATI 19xx series card.

I wouldn't say that. Any card with 512MB memory or more should cut the mustard for most games at that resolution. I'm not saying maxed but medium-high settings. I would say try and get a 7950GT or ATI 19xx series card.

well right... but if you're going to drop that much on a tv, would you want the games to look medium?

• 2 months later...

i kinda have the same problem...except i am using a 7900 gt hooked up to my brand new 47 inch hdtv with a dvi to hdmi cable, the only res i can select when playing bf2 is 800x600 and 1024x800 and thats just sad...it tried setting my pc at 1280x720 (720P) and 1920x1080 (1080P) but still a no go...maybe its just bf2 cause i can play AoE3 and HL2 just fine at 720P...anybody have a clue as to how i can get bf2 to display 720P???

i kinda have the same problem...except i am using a 7900 gt hooked up to my brand new 47 inch hdtv with a dvi to hdmi cable, the only res i can select when playing bf2 is 800x600 and 1024x800 and thats just sad...it tried setting my pc at 1280x720 (720P) and 1920x1080 (1080P) but still a no go...maybe its just bf2 cause i can play AoE3 and HL2 just fine at 720P...anybody have a clue as to how i can get bf2 to display 720P???

EA games do not support widescreen monitors natively. You have to use an .exe hack to get them to display the correct resolution. Try this.

http://www.widescreengamer.com/b/battlefield_2.html

EA games do not support widescreen monitors natively. You have to use an .exe hack to get them to display the correct resolution. Try this.

http://www.widescreengamer.com/b/battlefield_2.html

tried it and still cant get it to work...except now the screen just flickers...the game wont even load:sad:

hooked it back to my 19 inch crt and same result:confused:

gosh dang it i was really looking forward to do some sniping using my new TV...

Use Displaymate software. It allows you to correct for scaling & overscan, set FPS and Refresh caps, etc. I have 4 HDTVs and use it on all of them when connecting a PC, no exceptions. Helps match desktop size and prevent damage to TVs as well.

I believe even CNet uses it when testing HDTVs as well.