I want to run dual LCDs

Guest Loony_merged

Guest Loony

I've been thinking about picking up a twin for my 20.1" WS.

I game mostly, would I be able to have IMs and web browsers opened on one screen, and then playing my game on the other? Can I switch back and forth?

If not...what happens to the secondary screen when you game?

Any information at all you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated!

Yes it will suspend you 3D app if you switch to your desktop. Remember XP is not a native 3D environment, so your desktop is 2D and your game is 3D. If you have Shista (Vista) I'm not sure because it is 3D all around. I would check out soundx98's suggestoin. Their website looks a little hodge podge, but they could have some killer apps. Who knows?

hmmm... Ultramon looks like it's useless these days, NVidia and ATI's drivers will do everything that it does...

also, yes, if you click in the windows environment on your other monitor, it will minimise or freeze your game...

Guest Loony
my buddy plays with 2 19" widescreens, and doesn't have any problems at all that I know of.

definitely check out soundx98's link

Do his games play on both screens or just one and the other shuts off?

If it plays on both that would kind of suck because I play FPS and the cross hairs are in the middle...that could be weird.

Also, I was thinking I could have the game on one screen and temps, load, etc. on the other. Maybe?

That UltraMon answered a few questions, but not all of them. :)