(Dr.) Bottlenecks: Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Just Buy the

Nice work Thraxz.

Now you've got me thinking perhaps one of those tasty Dell 24"s may be a much better match for this 8800 than the Core2 upgrade I was considering.

Yes... I love it when people tell me what I want to hear. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is 20in big enough or what about 22in? I really can't see going any bigger than 22in (i had one for my xbox360 and set right infront of it like i would on a pc and it was enermous).

If you have a local Best Buy or Circuit City or Fry's nearby, take a drive and see some for yourself. Nothing better than to see it upclose and personal.

But hey, if you want to have a guy from Vegas tell you, that's your perogitive.;)

I am just simply getting another perspective on things. I am opened minded and willing to try new things, hell i can return it if i dont like it or it doesnt suit me.

So is 20in big enough or what about 22in? I really can't see going any bigger than 22in (i had one for my xbox360 and set right infront of it like i would on a pc and it was enermous).

Resolution is what matters not size. :) Though current offerings limit your size choices. You have to match your GPU to monitor. Your 6800 in your sig is definitely geared at the 12x10 monitor set up depending on factors. For an 8800 series monitor I see nothing less than 20" though I'd suggest a 24".

But hey, if you want to have a guy from Vegas tell you, that's your perogitive.;)

haha never lisen to us well tell u too drink to much(1/2 a bottle is good for a night alone hear) and gamble alot :]

oh and Thraxz how do u manage ur powerbill in the summer lol mines 300$ u hear there guna up it 20% i think it was

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

http://amo.net/nt/05-24-01FPS.html

soo this ends the human eye max fps forever i hope u canot put a limit on urself thats not a good idea if i think im stupid than i am if i think i cant run fast than i cant and so on ex

The eye definitely has a finite resolution. It definitely has a finite refresh rate. The difficulty is with quantifying our biological output. Your brain doesn't process things in individual 'frames' therefore, how can you put a FPS in there? Basically you can only guess at it via testing what it can't do. If you walk far enough away from someone with two white golfballs in your hand, how far away must they walk before you can't tell whether it's one or two balls. I'll tell you for sure it's probably less than 100 yards and you therefore have a finite resolution. How can you quantify it? Only kind of.

Well the max resolution for the monitors im looking at is 1680 x 1050. Or should i just forget everything i read and buy whatever monitor i want?

That's a good resolution. Get the monitor, it'll be pretty no matter WHAT resolution you game at and be ready for your next GPU upgrade. The 20" and 22" monitors both run the same resolution as of now, so you know.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html

http://amo.net/nt/05-24-01FPS.html

soo this ends the human eye max fps forever i hope u canot put a limit on urself thats not a good idea if i think im stupid than i am if i think i cant run fast than i cant and so on ex

i agree with this, playing a game at 150FPS+ is worlds more fluid than 85FPS, more so when there is allot of movement.