(Dr.) Bottlenecks: Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Just Buy the

^^ LOL.

I tried to follow Thraxz's plan, ordered an 8800GTS, waited while stupid UPS rescheduled my delivery date twice. Finally get the card, throw it in and it doesn't work.

Is it just me or does it seem like Quality Control is down everywhere? I've spent enough money RMA'ing defective parts in the last 6 months that I could have upgraded something else. Although customer service has been good through the companies I think I would just rather have parts that work.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you don't get offended Bad_Religion, but don't you think it could be a good idea to use a portion of punctuation? As it is now I struggle to read your posts.

It's just a suggestion.

i get that alot i suck at english

Guest LookBackX2

Good account Thraxz!

Perception is our only real measure of ability without benchmarks.

• 2 months later...
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it harder for you. My apologies.

yea some people don't think before they drink. I hate this .. its hard enough for some to just to not get the letters backwards. then you get this. Its always better to be rude then to have bad punctuation

Are you talking about people who are lisdexic? ;)

Anywho I read an article that was done my some scientists about frames per second in games, its not best to have the highest frames per second but the most consistant, you want your fps to be at about the same or slightly higher than the refresh rate of your monitor. I think the article may have had something to do with how the fluctuating framerates can mess up your eyes or something like that. I do not really remember but it was a very interesting read if I can find a link to it I'll post it, it was in the news section on nforcershq like a year or two ago.

For anyone in the states wanting an absolutely KICK A$$ 22" LCD monitor, here is one that I highly recommend;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...N82E16824252008

The current price is fantastic (I bought mine for much more when ChiMei first released this monitor). And even at the price I paid I was still thrilled. You CANNOT go wrong with this monitor!

If you decide to purchase remember to click one of the New Egg links here at DIY Street!

I bought the 22in viewsonic about 3 month's ago and bought the 8800GTs last week and am having a ball with them useing 2 gig of dder500ram and a opty 170 cranked to 2.5 at the moment and Tom Clancy's rambow6 never looked better single or multy player. Im not sure what my fram's are but im having fun. In the FPS arument I can tell you that there is a diference between 60fps and 70fps in SOF-2 at 60 thing's just blur in high speed cloase up combat but the same combat look's fine at 70fps. And it doseent really matter what moniter your running Ive gone threw 3 diferent moniter's on the same game and its the same just get me above 60 even a little and Im fine but at 60 thing's just get jumpy and I dont really have a word for it my eye just cant fallowe it . BA

• 3 months later...

If you can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps this is the thread for you.

You will probably turn red with rage from this revelation but I can see a difference between 60 and 120fps.

I am yet to see a LCD which is good enough to game on, IMO.

If you can't tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps this is the thread for you.

You will probably turn red with rage from this revelation but I can see a difference between 60 and 120fps.

I am yet to see a LCD which is good enough to game on, IMO.

Can you tell the difference without the counter in the corner of your screen?

Can you tell the difference without the counter in the corner of your screen?

i cant, but i can tell when the the fps drasticly change between speeds.

should'nt eneything above 25fps be smooth eneyway? films run at 25fps dont they?