Keeping The Ps3 Cool: Help!

Onixman

Hy guys

My PS3 is coming the next week and I would really like to have it on my living roon aside my HDTV. It will be located where now stands my old, junked VCR. Its a wooden cabinet with 75cm X 11.5cm (length X height) or 30" X 4.5" on the imperial system. The back of it is open, so there will be air running on it. I know it will surely fit and look awesome, but will it burn my PS3?

Why does it have to be there? The look will be outstanding; the optic audio cable will be able to reach the 5.1 home theather and it will be in the center of the room.

Thanks in advance

i would suggest keeping the PS3 out of any little cabinet or cubby hole as the do very little to aid in keeping a console cool...wood is an insulator...it just keeps the heat there...

Keep it out in the open air and it will keep the PS3 from freezing up on you...

Good advice right there, hope you got a good air conditioner, it can get real hot and humid in Brazil.

Well not the entire brazillian territory is hot and humid... Amazonia really is. but my place is surelly cool and windy. I am at the last year of Mechanical engineering and yeah i know what wood can do to you in heat problems. Thats why I asked. PS1 and PS2 coud run perfectly fine on that cabinet and I just chickened when I heard about (several) 360s overheating deaths and started thinking if the same wouldn't apply to the PS3.

I am thinking about just instaling it and hearing if it will get loud as many people said that it is quiet most of the time. About air conditioning, I live uphill and believe me, if you dont close the windows you may get a flu. Its a pretty cool room but you have to think that in Brazil you cant expect to have snow at winter. I believe that you can think of my town as some Californian city on top of a hill: lots of sun and wind, all I want to know is if the narrow space will be fine or not. I even took some pics but I dont have a URL to put em and I really dont want to start bothering about that.

Update: Well just for a comparison the system on my signature is running at 38ºC at load and never passed 40ºC on my house. And it is on a much smaller room.

Well like I said originally I would strongly suggest keeping it in the open air...

I have both the PS3 and 360, and the only time I ever had issues with over heating is if they were not in the open air, if I were to place them in small cubby holes they would over heat fairly quickly...

Well like I said originally I would strongly suggest keeping it in the open air...

I have both the PS3 and 360, and the only time I ever had issues with over heating is if they were not in the open air, if I were to place them in small cubby holes they would over heat fairly quickly...

both of them!?

If so thats what I was looking for. Thank you

Guess that VCR will remain as a museum in my living room then. Let the PS3 on the open field with a breeze... Now I have to buy a new, longer optic cable