CPU Cooler Questions? Tuniq / Thermalright ?

RobNyc

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that Thermalright saw that as C2D is the best thing to get right now, it would only be logical to include the Skt 775 mounting brackets... I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a little performance.

But if you're so against spending more, why not just buy a Tuniq and be done with it?

Too heavy?

Not sure how easy installation is for s939

And I'm waiting on the Ultima-90 better if I can wait but not sure if these new coolers are going to support s939

Too heavy?

Not sure how easy installation is for s939

And I'm waiting on the Ultima-90 better if I can wait but not sure if these new coolers are going to support s939

If all of us can put it on without issue, you should be fine. Unless you do something stupid with it, or carry your rig around without dismantling the cooler, nothing wrong should happen. The PCB should be able to handle it.

And it seems that you keep on gravitating to lower price-points... just buy an Ultra-90 or something for $15, slap on a cheap $5 fan and call it a day. And yes, most likely the new coolers are going to support 939. Unless they want to alienate any sales they could gain from manufacturing a 939 bracket.

If all of us can put it on without issue, you should be fine. Unless you do something stupid with it, or carry your rig around without dismantling the cooler, nothing wrong should happen. The PCB should be able to handle it.

And it seems that you keep on gravitating to lower price-points... just buy an Ultra-90 or something for $15, slap on a cheap $5 fan and call it a day. And yes, most likely the new coolers are going to support 939. Unless they want to alienate any sales they could gain from manufacturing a 939 bracket.

Some posters just mentioned how pain it is to install I dont want to go through that.. sorry I know I've been getting everyone pretty much bored with this crap

Some posters just mentioned how pain it is to install I dont want to go through that.. sorry I know I've been getting everyone pretty much bored with this crap

Well, if you use your computer a lot, why not take at most probably 30 minutes out of your life to install a heatsink that will benefit you in the long run?

If you're looking for performance, expect to have to remove the mobo for new backplate installation.

Well, if you use your computer a lot, why not take at most probably 30 minutes out of your life to install a heatsink that will benefit you in the long run?

If you're looking for performance, expect to have to remove the mobo for new backplate installation.

And if not ?

But lets see what anandtech has to say

Then just buy a Freezer Pro or the Ultra/Ultima-90.

Most likely, http://diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77144

What would be the nicest 1 from here http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/amdcoolers.html

Just saw this on the Sycthe INIFINIty "Tool Free Easy Installation

Newly developed & "patent pending" mounting mechanism "VTMS (Versatile Toll-Free Multiplatform System) allows user to install the Infinity CPU Cooler without any tool and hassle. Infinity CPU Cooler is compatible for socket 478/754/939/940/AM2 & LGA775. All in one solution for your PC system."