8500/8600 Released, no one told me!!

taowulf

The ATI cards are what, 5 months overdue now?

ATI/AMD wont release GPU's that they don't even have a CPU to run properly. It would be suicide.

r600 will trigger the next wave of 'high end' upgrades, and what do ya think those people will upgrade too to compliment their 'leet new graphics card'? It wont be an AMD chip, thats for sure.

ATI/AMD wont release GPU's that they don't even have a CPU to run properly. It would be suicide.

r600 will trigger the next wave of 'high end' upgrades, and what do ya think those people will upgrade too to compliment their 'leet new graphics card'? It wont be an AMD chip, thats for sure.

exactly my friend *_* amds new cpu's are scheduled soon correct?

Those 86xx are shocking!

7600 vs 8600 - guess who won!

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=637&p=0

I read that review until i got to this line...

"n fact believe it or not, you will actually loose performance and quite a lot of it at that."

LOSE! NOT LOOSE!!!!!!!!

Gah, I hate that.

Anyway, yeah, the 3D performance of these cards leave a lot to be desired....but they perform better than the cards that as of yet have failed to materialize from ATI.

Yeah, I am being rough on ATI....they were supposed to have a product to market months ago and are only hurting themselves in the long run. Someone mentioned that they are waiting on a better CPU from AMD, but that makes no sense at all. Despite being part of AMD, they can't just pander to only AMD users, they need to make the best decision for the market. If the R600 is so kickass, It would be adopted by the larger number of C2D users just as much as any other ATI premium card in the past.

More the fool ATI - NVidia get to sell junk/scrap.

The next "gaming" thing is DX10 and there is nothing in the market. If you ran ATI would you chase ghosts, or take the time to perfect your next creation. ATI also have a reputation for being late so no surprises as yet.

Currently the market is not competitive which is bad for us. Early adopters could find the 88xx are pants next to the R6xx but at the end of the day who cares if your games fly. It only matters if you are hardcore into supporting academia with distributed computing or you REALLY need to brag about your FPS (if I had the time and money I myself would VERY easily slip into the latter category - I probably have that addiction disposition gene - bane of my life, but fags and booze are great and I challenge anyone to a drinking compo to prove me wrong)