Advice on a gaming case

Kranthos

Aurora fans are excellent. Quiet and cool glow plus nice white color. I never thought about using cables like that roadie. But I don't see how the rails would work and snap into place correctly!

As far as the 8800GTX it probably would not fit. With the drive cage there. I removed mine :)

But beforehand my 8800gts would just make it with the power connector installed.

As you can see from the pic...

mojo1340_9360852.JPG

...a 10.5" 8800 GTX card should fit in here. May be a little snug with the power connector plugged in, but it should fit. Keep in mind, this is the 3D Aurora 570 case.

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed my most recent 3DAurora 570 build.

I'm very impressed by the construction and layout of this beast. And I do mean BEAST.

I did find three very tiny scratches on the right side of the front door but since this is a black case it was easy to use a black Sharpie to touch things up.

The ample cable length for the front panel and other connections made for a very clean build. As usual, I used my own 90degree SATA cables to install the hard drives in backwards. You can almost click the drive rail into place to secure the drives but since I never move my rigs without the panels in place it isn't an issue.

When turning the drives around you must use angle connectors for both data and power. If you try to use a connector that has the wire parallel to the connector you simply won't have enough room to mount the drive without trimming off the extra length of the rail.

The projector gimmick on the front is pretty cool. My warped mind is already working on new transparencies to install.