Advice on a gaming case

Kranthos

Hey Guys, I'm considering these 2 atm, about to build a gaming system. Does anyone have any advice on these 2 or maybe another case alltogether?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811129021

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16811233003

It's a toss-up as far as I can tell. I've used a couple of Antec's and a Gigabyte for builds recently. Both cases are extremely good for rigs with lots of hardware to install. Alignment is critical to me and everything fit first time with no adjustments required.

I like the Antec layout just a bit better than the Gigabyte for my tastes. The bottom PSU on the Antec leads to a cleaner power cable layout.

I do appreciate the Gigabyte hard drive bays being rotated 90 degrees which allows you to install the drives with the connectors on the back side out of view. It's a nice touch but really doesn't matter since the side panel hides the drives anyway.

Here's the big difference for me! I keep my rigs on the desktop to reduce the amount of crud that gets sucked into them.

The Antec front panel connections are actually on the top.

The Gigabyte front panel connections are on the right side of the front lower third.

If you plug something into the Antec USB ports it sticks straight up.

I do appreciate the Gigabyte hard drive bays being rotated 90 degrees which allows you to install the drives with the connectors on the back side out of view. It's a nice touch but really doesn't matter since the side panel hides the

You cannot have the wires facing the back in the 3D Aurora. The mobo tray is extended to the end of the case so there is no way to get at the wires. They have to face front.

Actually there was a revision on the Antec 900.

I'm sure NewEgg moves enough inventory where you would receive the latest.

There is an awful lot to be said for the CM Stacker.

friggin' battleship with lots of room to work and keeps everything cool.

You cannot have the wires facing the back in the 3D Aurora. The mobo tray is extended to the end of the case so there is no way to get at the wires. They have to face front.

That's odd since I didn't have a problem turning the drives around on the install I did.

You might have a problem if you try to use "straight" SATA data or power cables.

I use either 90 degree or 270 degree cables on builds so that might make the difference. 90 degree cables point down and 270 degree cables point up.

Source...

http://www.macgurus.com/productpages/sata/SATACables.php

The aurora 3D is sounding better and better! Would you buy better fans for the case or are the ones that come with it ok? Also, does anyone know if in fact the 8800 GTX will not fit into it? I saw a thread at Maximum PC and it mentioned the cases that would not accomadate the 8800 GTX and the Aurora was on this list.

I have a Nine Hundred that I've had for a few months and I just got a Gigabyte Aurora 570. The 570 has some new features like the FP ports moved to the front of the case and a redesigned front panel that looks great. It also comes with a side window that can be installed instead of the mesh panel if you want. The front door swings open from the left on the 570, and swings almost 90 degrees. I like my Nine Hundred a lot too. It cools like a b!)@h and is very quiet with the fans set to med or low. You'll probably like either one of these. The Aurora is about 10% longer (front to back) to accept larger components.

Aurora fans are excellent. Quiet and cool glow plus nice white color. I never thought about using cables like that roadie. But I don't see how the rails would work and snap into place correctly!

As far as the 8800GTX it probably would not fit. With the drive cage there. I removed mine :)

But beforehand my 8800gts would just make it with the power connector installed.