new chip

what do you guys think of the exos system to cool my rig?

im only cooling the chip and dont really plan to do much eles

i got a line on one for 75 bucks so im kind of leaning that way

any help????

Exos = probably no more effective than a high-end HSF like the Tuniq or BigTyphoon. But $75 is pretty cheap...

Make sure your OC can withstand at least 8 hours dual Prime (large FFTs test) at Priority 9 or 10. There is a HUGE difference between real stability and a CPU-Z validation;)

Exos = probably no more effective than a high-end HSF like the Tuniq or BigTyphoon. But $75 is pretty cheap...

Make sure your OC can withstand at least 8 hours dual Prime (large FFTs test) at Priority 9 or 10. There is a HUGE difference between real stability and a CPU-Z validation;)

will do cant wait till i get the parts

Guest Booger

Exos 1 or 2? If that's a 2 then u've got a heck of a deal. If it's a 1 then it's so/so. Differences include bigger tubing (3/8) instead of 1/4 and larger quieter fans with Exos 2. My opty 175 is doing 2.922 at stock volts on an Exos 1, which is also cooling my nb, and complete video card. CPU temp in everest is 47 C at 100%. I'm happy with it but the "hard core" H2Oers will never recommend it. :) I'm sure my overclock could be done with a good HSF as well, but I'm on water so....

Exos 1 or 2? If that's a 2 then u've got a heck of a deal. If it's a 1 then it's so/so. Differences include bigger tubing (3/8) instead of 1/4 and larger quieter fans with Exos 2. My opty 175 is doing 2.922 at stock volts on an Exos 1, which is also cooling my nb, and complete video card. CPU temp in everest is 47 C at 100%. I'm happy with it but the "hard core" H2Oers will never recommend it. :) I'm sure my overclock could be done with a good HSF as well, but I'm on water so....

its a exos 1 so i think ill just order a new pump and 120 x 2 rad .ill use a swift tec rad box and hang it on the back of the p180 i have ..and go with 1/2 tubing , im not trying to go to radical on this just want something reliable to keep things cool ... thanks again for all your guys help ....pont

oo i think this is the chip i got from the egg in feb or march maybe that will help with the steppings?

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry "Pont" I haven't been around for awhile. I just noticed yer' PM today.

Thought I'd ask how yer' doin' with that? "Booger's" right most of us find kits scarey at best. And by the time you get through upgrading and replacing stuff. It was cheaper to build from scratch. I'm sorry I'm so late in my return. But lookin' at yer' sig it looks like you didn't buy the kit.(Good Man!)LOL All you need is a rad, a pump, a block,tubing,and a t-line. And yer' good to go.

About the stepping: I bought my xp4000 about the same time. That maybe helps the odds somewhat. (Makes me kinda' hopeful) Nuthin's ever sure. Til' it's sure.

I'm looking for an nf3 Ultra-d. For it. So I can play musical motherboards at least once for 2007.