Ftp Woes

Some_Guy_

I'd like to allow a client to log in to FTP via IE (so their FTP looks like windows folders), but the FTP username I assign them can only be [email protected], which is a problem when logging in thru IE, because the address then looks like

ftp://[email protected]@ftp.domain.com

See the problem? I tried using user+domain.com, user!domain.com and so on, but the only accepted username is user@, and then it doesn't work once logged in.

The reason I want to assign a unique FTP username to them is so I can limit access to one particular folder. I don't need them poking around all over the place, but I can't assign one to them that's not in the form of an e-mail address.

Is there a different form of login I can use, or do I just have to get them to use a real FTP client?

if you want to use a different username you can make the different usernames on the server, then have them enter the address this way. ftp://username:[email protected]. Other than that im not quite sure what you mean. I am rather good at setting up ftp servers and dynamic ip address domain redirection, so if you have any more detailed questions you can probably catch me on

aim: andrusk1

msn: [email protected]

yahoo:kyleandrus

Yea, that's what I'm doing. The problem is that when I create a user, the server tacks on @domain.com to the end of their username, so to log in through IE looks like ftp://[email protected]:[email protected], and the double @'s mess it all up.

I can log in with WS_FTP without any problems, so I know I'm creating the user correctly.

the ftp for my web host is setup the same way...it can be a pain using IE. the best advice i have is have each use use open a go to your ftp address and right click in the ie window and select login as...

it'll bring up a dialog box where they can put in user@domain and password.