Waterblock Recommendation

uneedav8

Hey guys, I need to get a water block with 3/8" attachments for the my 939 socket and later for the graphics card. Which brand do you guys recommend? There seems to be a lot of Danger Den and Swiftec stuff out there. The Danger Den maze looks freakin awesome but its always out of stock everywhere. I know theres always a fear and possibility of leaks with watercooling....but is there any brands that are more prone for leaks than others? Which ones to definitely stay away from? Any online retailers suggestions.

For the graphics, I see some that cool the gpu and memory all in one.....some that have just ramsinks on the memory? Is there a huge difference in this? I don't heavily overclock my card but I do hate worrying about gpu temps and hearing loud fan noises. Thanks for your help.

I have the Apogee and it has 3/8 and 1/2 inch barbs. I highly recommend it. And they also have the new Apogee GT but I don't know what the difference is.

And as far as brands to stay away from....Thermaltake...especially the ones with the plastic tops.

Swiftech and DangerDen parts are very good. The Swiftech Apogee and Storm both have universal tops so they can be used w/ and MB. The DangerDen blocks require the use of different tops when switching between CPU socket types.

Most quality WBs/RADs use 3/8" NPT fittings for the barbs; so you could always change to a different barb size.

Swiftech and DangerDen is the way to go for the CPU! For the GPU there is only one place to go and this is here

EK Blocks! Great performers, great quality and half the price of DangerDen! Still want that Maze4 Acetal? I got one for sale in my "For Sale" section! :) I also got a EK full cover water block for the 7900GTX for sale there! Take a look!

From some of the numbers I have seen the ApogeeGT beats the Apogee by a couple degrees. The Storm is of course an amazing block if you can get your hands on it, but is very restrictive. Another block I would suggest having a look at that I have just recently been looking at is the D-Tek Fusion, It performs very close to the ApogeeGT / better in some cases, worse in some & is appearantly less restrictive the the AGT.

For cooling the CPU I would suggest the Storm, D-Tek Fusion or ApogeeGT (personally I would stay away from the DD cpu blocks, there are better blocks out there for the similar $)

For gpu cooling the DD Maze4 (& probably Maze5) blocks are excellent. I don't know about the full cover blocks, but generally they are more expensive the the gpu/ramsinks.

Are you running SLI?

The difference between the Apogee and the Apogee GT is the pin design on the inside of the block... the GT version has smaller pins and more of them.

Apogee

For the life of me, I cant find any pictures of the Apogee GT's pins, just know that there are more of them.

Here are some recent water block (GT/Fuzion/Storm) test results over at XS (or at least compiled at XS)

A post by Philly_Boy from the The CES Swiftech waterblock Challenge/ XS Party thread. About half way down are some pics of the ApogeeGT. Also some pics of the D-Tek Fusion

Swiftech Apogee GT vs the D-Tek FuZion CPU blocks @ CES thread with more info on the 2 blocks...

for the gpu i would recommend a solution that cools the gpu and the ram separately because its cheaper and is more compatible with different kinds of cards and in case of the swiftech mcw60 it is future compatible with the G80 and probably will be with the R600 also

The full-coverage blocks aren't a lot more expensive than the MCW-60 + MCW-RAMCool. Further; Swiftech has been very slow in releasing the RAM WBs.

If you want to H2O cool the RAM you'd be better of getting a full coverage block since they are released much quicker and there isn't any extra tubing necessary.

The full-coverage blocks aren't a lot more expensive than the MCW-60 + MCW-RAMCool. Further; Swiftech has been very slow in releasing the RAM WBs.

If you want to H2O cool the RAM you'd be better of getting a full coverage block since they are released much quicker and there isn't any extra tubing necessary.

Agreed! These days with the ram getting quicker and quicker you need a good WC for your ram!