Freezone Coolit CPU cooler

catkicker

Air flow will be a major concern. My rear case fan is the only intake for the motherboard compartment. I think the SB and NB will get really hot, especially those with heatpipe SB and NB cooling.

No air flow -> heatpipe is useless. :(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air flow will be a major concern. My rear case fan is the only intake for the motherboard compartment. I think the SB and NB will get really hot, especially those with heatpipe SB and NB cooling.

No air flow -> heatpipe is useless. :(

I thought your case had about the same set-up as mine.

"On the inside is one rear 120mm fan and one front 120mm fan to keep the air circulating through this case, in addition to a 120mm VGA cooler and a CPU air duct."

I thought your case had about the same set-up as mine.

"On the inside is one rear 120mm fan and one front 120mm fan to keep the air circulating through this case, in addition to a 120mm VGA cooler and a CPU air duct."

Yeah. Lian-li PC-V series are all in same layout. But the 120mm fan at the front of my case is to cool the HDDs. Lian-li PC-V2100B Plus II It is in separate compartment so it doesn't provide enough airflow into the motherboard compartment. How do you feel about your coolit unit? Is it good? Good airflow? into the case? What's your V-Core and idle / load temp? :)

You are right. The Coolit fan cools the Coolit and does not move case air. It is best to have another exhaust fan similar to the side panel fan in my V1000BPlusII or, even better, like in an Antec Nine Hundred. I also use an internal 12cm fan directed across the RAM and NB with a Tt Extreme Spirit II on the NB.

With the front panel perforations (V series) and the internal 120mm fan behind the optical drives and FDD that is directed over the RAM and NB, there is adequate flow. Idle/load (BF2 or heavy encoding)=17C/43C. Prime gets into the 60s after several hours. NB--idle/load=38C/43C. There are lots of cases that have better front to back air flow like the Nine Hundred and the Stackers, but you can make the V work well. I have been pleased with the Coolit. I make lots of changes from time to time and the closed, compact system makes things simple, fast, and non-messy. I have had this rig up to 3.7GHz and the Coolit kept up nicely with the side panel off. I have settled on 3.32Ghz for 24/7 use.

Just A quick question, which is better DD water cooling or CooliT Freezone ?

I just purchsed a DD Nvidia kit on ebay for a good price question Should I purchase a bigger radiator Black Ice GTX240 and a better Cpu block 775 Copper TDX .I am starting to build a new E6600 system and I am using the same case as my sigs to install my cooling system . Any suggestion will help.

Thanks

Just A quick question, which is better DD water cooling or CooliT Freezone ?

I just purchsed a DD Nvidia kit on ebay for a good price question Should I purchase a bigger radiator Black Ice GTX240 and a better Cpu block 775 Copper TDX .I am starting to build a new E6600 system and I am using the same case as my sigs to install my cooling system . Any suggestion will help.

Thanks

Saying that the Freezone is "better" than a top notch water system with multiple blocks is a hard case to make. Personal preference plays a pivotal role and you need to factor in how well other components will be cooled. With water cooling, bigger radiators and better blocks are always preferable. I really like the clean simplicity and speed of installation of the Freezone. I do not OC my 8800GTX, mainly because it doesn't really need it. If I ever go back to Sli using, perhaps, 2X8800 GTX, I might wish that I had blocks on the GPU's. Regardless of how you do it, cool your E6600 aggressively and it will really perform for you.

The freezone unit works quite well in the coolermaster elite case, ah well except for the fact the case is a pinch to narrow and my side door does not fit tightly.

Case temps are great. I have 1 120mm intake and the 120mm psu exhaust and the freezone 92mm in the rear. The freezone helps to cool the inteior of the case. Durring stability testing(sp2004) on a 148 Opteron

The psu was exhausting cool air. and my X800XL was high 30's C @ idle.

I have not decided if I'm going to keep the unit after the review is done. If I decide to keep it I will move it to one of my full tower cases, for a better fit.

PS. I will be comparing temps of the freezone agansit this WC'ing setup

Danger Den DDC-12V with petra Custom Delrin top 1/2" barbs

swiftech apogee block

DD filport/ res.

BIP120mm radiator

1/2" tubing

The freezone unit works quite well in the coolermaster elite case, ah well except for the fact the case is a pinch to narrow and my side door does not fit tightly.

Case temps are great. I have 1 120mm intake and the 120mm psu exhaust and the freezone 92mm in the rear. The freezone helps to cool the inteior of the case. Durring stability testing(sp2004) on a 148 Opteron

The psu was exhausting cool air. and my X800XL was high 30's C @ idle.

I have not decided if I'm going to keep the unit after the review is done. If I decide to keep it I will move it to one of my full tower cases, for a better fit.

PS. I will be comparing temps of the freezone agansit this WC'ing setup

Danger Den DDC-12V with petra Custom Delrin top 1/2" barbs

swiftech apogee block

DD filport/ res.

BIP120mm radiator

1/2" tubing

Any updates on this yet? Im very curious.