Freezone Coolit CPU cooler

catkicker

bah i keep forgetting to have Tmod give you access to the beta/review section cat =(

trying to open the content site by Saturday but probably won't even get it done until Monday. I'll see if I can get him to let you in tomorrow when he wakes up, then just read the important bits (basically same stuff as in the VIP section), see what we've got in various states of disrepair, and then start building yours up and I'll get with you to stab you with some rules and shoot you with some wisdom.

;)

No problem Angry. Video card for the rig was delayed and my wife threatend me with a large stick if I took her video card out of her computer one more time. Since people always want to know how these coolers stack up agansit WC'ing, were going to see. I have a WC'ing setup for the test along with the freezer 64 pro.

that just tooo funny, im still laughin. great marketing by coolits

It's really that easy to install. But there are a few tips they should have mentioned in there directions about the install.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem Angry. Video card for the rig was delayed and my wife threatend me with a large stick if I took her video card out of her computer one more time. Since people always want to know how these coolers stack up agansit WC'ing, were going to see. I have a WC'ing setup for the test along with the freezer 64 pro.

Sweet! It will be a awesome test! :)

I can't wait until we get some temperature results!!!

ME to It's killing me to. I installed the unit to see how it goes and I did power it up to makes sure it works. I had it running for about 15mins. and thats it. I'm as anxious as you all are to see what it can do.

Catkicker,

A concern for the air flow inside the case? Does you case have the side panel fans?

The fan on the cooler occupies the rear case fan window; just by looking at the pictures of the cooler the fan seems to be dedicated itself to cooling the liquid and does not seem to contribute to moving the air out of the case very much (I could be wrong). My case provide only one rear case fan window and I did not like to use the rear case fan only for cooling the CPU.

That’s one of the two reasons that I did not get the cooler.

Another reason? Money. So, to be precise, I could not buy the cooler…

The Eliminator has 3 TEC's instead of 6. It does have the controller incorporated into the main unit which is sweet and makes installation even easier. For max OCs you need the standard Freezone not the Eliminator.

Catkicker,

A concern for the air flow inside the case? Does you case have the side panel fans?

The fan on the cooler occupies the rear case fan window; just by looking at the pictures of the cooler the fan seems to be dedicated itself to cooling the liquid and does not seem to contribute to moving the air out of the case very much (I could be wrong). My case provide only one rear case fan window and I did not like to use the rear case fan only for cooling the CPU.

You are right. The Coolit fan cools the Coolit and does not move case air. It is best to have another exhaust fan similar to the side panel fan in my V1000BPlusII or, even better, like in an Antec Nine Hundred. I also use an internal 12cm fan directed across the RAM and NB with a Tt Extreme Spirit II on the NB.