GeIL ONE W (BH-5) CAS 1.5???

hi, I'm a brand new DFI user since I bought and Expert nforce4 motherboard and I also bought a GeIL ONE W 2x512Mb kit.

The thing is that I can't set up the bios to start at cas 1.5... I don't know if it's a memory problem or a configuration/compatibility problem :confused:

Has anyone used this memories at cas 1.5?. I would also appreciate if anyone can send me the bios configuration for running this geil at cas 1.5 if it's possible.

Also, I'd like a few tips on overclocking this memories, I could so far achived 250 fsb 2-2-2-5 1T 3.4v but I don't know if it's any good or if I'm able to do better than that.

Greetings from Argentina!

thanks CPDMF!!! that's kind of good to hear! cause I thought that I was doing something wrong about setting the timmigs and stuff... or what is worse... I thought that the memory modules might be corrupted.

But if AMD64 CPU's won't do CAS 1.5 ... it's kind of a waste don't you think? or there isn't that much of a difference?

Hello,

Signature?

Winbond BH-5 chips at 250Mhz 2-2-2-5 @3.4v is almost the limit.

Pushing for a higher frequency means you may need more voltage.

Instead of trying to increase the memory overclock it would be better to focus your efforts on the CPU.

And use a divider.

Hello,

Signature?

Winbond BH-5 chips at 250Mhz 2-2-2-5 @3.4v is almost the limit.

Pushing for a higher frequency means you may need more voltage.

I've tested them at 255Mhz and 260Mhz both @ 3.6v and they weren't stable on memtest, they almost did at 255Mhz but it finally failed.

I'm not interested on overclocking more the ram for regular use it's just that I bought them used and I would like to know if the are ok and also... what's the overclocking limit.

Instead of trying to increase the memory overclock it would be better to focus your efforts on the CPU.

And use a divider.

This is something I will start to focus on when I finish testing the ram modules and after I get a decent PSU and a good cooling system.

As you all can tell, I'm a noob and this is my first DFI mainboard... so any advice is welcome cause... I'm just trying to learn here.

I'm not interested on overclocking more the ram for regular use it's just that I bought them used and I would like to know if the are ok and also... what's the overclocking limit.

What voltage did you use to get 250Mhz 2-2-2-5?

It is looking normal.

What voltage did you use to get 250Mhz 2-2-2-5?

It is looking normal.

I used 3.4v aprox to get 250Mhz but at 255Mhz it's not totally stable even giving them more vdimm.

that's why I'm asking for bios configurations because I think it's something I'm doing wrong since I'm a newbie DFI user :P

3.4v @250Mhz = very good.

You are at the limit.

that's kind of good to hear.. now I know it's not me who's doing something wrong ... but how could other people get them to work at 275 Mhz or even more?

that's kind of good to hear.. now I know it's not me who's doing something wrong ... but how could other people get them to work at 275 Mhz or even more?

"other people" running BH5 2-2-2-5@275 are few and far between. When you do see that that claim, don't believe it unless it's backed up with hard evidence. 275 fsb's are often linked to some very trick cooling on the ram. As has been said already, the result you have got is about what is to be expected. So go with it and work on your cpu speed.

Edit:I have got a feeling that GeIL One is UTT-BH5. If it is, then putting more voltage through them could well send them belly up. UTT is'nt as robust as old school BH5.