Your HTPC - post your setup.

Thasp

I put last years Rig in a ZALMAN 160 B Case. I really Like the Case it's has excellent fit and Finish. It's got my Opty 170 Running on a DFI SLI DR Expert. 2 GB of G.Skill PC 4000 and my Zalman Heat Piped EVGA 7900 GT Volt Moded to GTX Specs. A Segate Baracuda 320 GB Perpendicular Drive and Lite on Light Scribe DVD-RW and a ATI HD-Wonder Card. The 160 B Has a Media Center Remote control that is great for media center mode. It's hooked up to a 7.1 Channel Sony Surround Sound Receiver. A Sony 32" High Scan Sony Monitor display the images via DVI Cable. I have a set of Polk 11T's from the Last Millennium but they still sound terrific each tower has a Silver Voice Coil Tweater between two 6.5 Inch Drivers with dual 8" Passive Radiators acoustically coupled with a 6.5" mentioned earlier. I bought a few Polk Bookshelf speaker on sale at Fryes. Two have 6.5 Inch Drivers for the Sides and I got a 5.25" Polk bookshelf Firing rearward into my kitchen. It's a small 1 bed room apartment and this broadens the sound stage. It is also strange to hear effects in the kitchen. I found a Polk center channel speaker on sale at Fryes as well for $200 is has two 5.25" Drivers and a tweeter. I got a sweet Sony 250 Watt Class D Sub. It is a Bang & Olfsan design and had two 10" Drivers. A long time ago I nicked a set of Vanden Hul Sterling Silver Speaker Cables from my Boss set up (It was Bi-Wired and he ask me to set it up) so those are powering the 11T's

DSCN3437.jpg

DSCN2393.jpg

See the second 10" underneeth?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a work in progress:

A64 3700 (939)

Asus AN8-SLI Premium

HIS X1650XT (sweet passive cooling)

2 x 1GB Corsiar PC 3200

2 x ATI Theater 550 tuner

Seasonic 380W

Samsung 160 GB (system and TV)

Samsung 400 GV (DVDs and Music)

Silverstone LC 20B

Windows MCE 2005

No HD yet. Just hooked up through a regular TV. It's built with vista and HD in mind though. Using it for a PVR, gaming console, music jukebox, and dvd jukebox. I play a lot of Madden and Need for Speed with my brother. It looks heck of a lot better than his playstation 2.

I recienty Got the Zalman HD 160 B for my HTPC they have a more expensive model with the touch screen LCD. I just use a old 17" LCD under my TV for reading and a second screen. The 160 B has a Vacume Floresent Display that works well with Media Center Mode on Windows MCE 05. I've tryed lots of other cases like the Antec Overture but it did not have adiquit cooling. This case has dual 8 CM Fans in the rear. It also comes with a Media Center remote for $289 I need to cut some holes in my stand here for some extra ventalation. I was considering radiators on the back of the Armwa. I have another Rig besides this one in my living room so I can play Battle Field and Counter Strike Source with friends. It is beside my coffe table with a 19" Samsung LCD TV on the table.

ZalmanHD160B.jpg

I used my Old DFI Lanparty Expert and Opty 170 it's defiantly ATX

Livingroom.jpg

My Gameing Rig in in the Living room as well so I can play Battle Field with a friend.

DSCN3488.jpg

667.jpg

Nice -

That Zalman looks like the hot (perhaps I should say cool) setup.

I just picked up a Toshiba SD-V594 DVD/VCR combo from The Egg.

The upconverting feature (to 1080i) works incredibly well so I might just give up my quest for a way to get around HDCP.

Unfortunately it only upconverts DVDs so if I want to watch a VCR tape at HD resolution I have to copy it to my hard drive first at the highest capture settings then burn it to DVD.

Bill

Here are the Components

Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard

1Gb DDR2 553Mhz Ram

Dvico Dual Digital TV Tuner Card

1xPioneer DVD-rw

1x250Gb WD SATA2 HDD

Antec NSK2400 HTPC Case with PSU (spray painted the front black)

Asus SPDIF coaxial/optical Output Module

Hitachi 42PD8900 42" Plasma 1024x1080i Panel

Sony Dolby Digital 5.1 Receiver

Richter Floor Standing Speakers

It has been a bumpy ride along the way getting this thing set up properly.

htpc1xx7.jpg

htpc2nf6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

AMD Athlon64 3200+

Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro

1gb Patriot DDR400

PNY 6200 (AGP)

Seagate 500gb SATA HD

Raidmax 630w PSU (with modular cabling, which I LOVE)

Creative Audigy 2

Hauppauge PVR-250

Some cheap 5.1 speakers

Phillips HDTV (some CRT model, supports 1080i)