New Opty coming from Memphis, TN newegg Whse

Guest LookBackX2_merged

Guest LookBackX2

Thanks Winginit. I'll check those out.

Viking, could you keep us updated on how that stepping behaves?

Also pls list the power requirements, etc. etc.

Thanks

Guest LookBackX2

opteron170steppingdi6.th.jpg

I ordered this baby 12/03/06 10:45AM and it showed up at my office 22 hours later. Damn fast in my book. I am happy with the CCBBE stepping, although it isn't week 0610.

Would still like to get data on Opteron orders as I mentioned above.

WOOT!!!! Time to go home and swap them out.

opteron170steppingdi6.th.jpg

I ordered this baby 12/03/06 10:45AM and it showed up at my office 22 hours later. Damn fast in my book. I am happy with the CCBBE stepping, although it isn't week 0610.

Would still like to get data on Opteron orders as I mentioned above.

WOOT!!!! Time to go home and swap them out.

That stepping can get to 3GHz with some time and tweaking.

Guest LookBackX2

3Gigs sounds nice to me! lol

As far as the 2 gig pc4000 sets out there right now, I have narrowed it down to 2 different possible attacks.

G. Skill HZ uccc chips, which is estimated to be in stock on the 8th @ something like $216? I would have to wait on to possibly get those. orrrrrr

Team Xtreme Cronus w/Micron chips, that have slightly tighter timings than the uccc.

I can order those now. I've read that they vary from set to set on secondary timing settings.

Is this mostly due to the differing Memory Controller characteristics between different cores. eg. Toledo, Sandy, Clawhammer?

or are they just "moody modules" that need that special attention to really sing.

I need to replace my OCZ Plat 3200, w/some speedy stuff to exploit this Opty's abilities. that's what's available at my price.

The new OCZ active Mem cooler will be cooling them if that helps reccomendations.

:drool:

G. Skill HZ uccc chips, which is estimated to be in stock on the 8th

lol I think those have been out of stock for a few months now. I think a more accurate ETA would be never.

Anyways this isn't from the Tenn. warehouse but I just ordered an Opty 170 from the Cali warehouse so i'll let you know what I get. Hopefully not another 0551 like I got a month ago when I ordered a Opty 165.

i was shopping for 2GB kits and they are extremely pricey and rare compared to when they first came out. I settled on the Patriot PC4000 since it was under 200 and had supposedly good chips, which I forget right now (UCCC?). Both choices should be excellent.

I can stick in a vote for the Team Cronus, if you search my posts I had quite a time getting them tuned up at first on my Expert. Many thanks are in order for Praz, CPDMF, Kingfisher, and a few others for their help, and for not letting me take the 5lb. sledge to it all! :P Anyways, the 5B-F chips will be good to around 265-275MHz, 265 should be cake at 3-3-3-7, and loosening them up doesn't really achieve much, OnePageBook only got 275MHz out of them. They seem to be voltage-indifferent also, 2.6ish VDIMM seems to perform just as good as 2.8VDIMM. TankGuys is one of the very few distributors that deal with Team in the US, but that's ok cause they have great service. You'll pay about $225-230 shipped, and they are an awesome deal at that price!

i just recently purchased an opteron 185 from newegg. i got in on the $399.99 with free shipping 3 days ago, and they're sold out now, and back up to $415 now.

it came from the "BALDWIN PARK, CA, US" warehouse, so not sure what it's going to be yet. Supposed to get here tuesday, but being ups, it'll probably be more like wednesday - thursday. i'll post here with what stepping it comes as. :)