BIOS For Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D

Clarity

Hello, I haven't done any serious overclocking, and I've recently come to try to start overclocking. Right now, I have the 2006/04/06 BIOS drivers for my Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D, which I downloaded from www.dfi.com.tw.

But, after a lot of searchs on dfi-street, I'm seeing posts with people using BIOS from 6/23, which I'm assuming is 2005/06/23. However, the people in this forum have 6/23-2, while on www.dfi.com.tw, there is 6/23-3, a three instead.

I'm also seeing 7/04-2BTA BIOS, which is not on the www.dfi.com.tw website, but was posted in the overclocking database on 12/13/06.

EDIT - I found Tmod's CD, and I see these BIOS. It notes OCZ next to them - are these BIOS better for OCZ RAM?

What are the advantages of these BIOS? Why shouldn't I just use the 4/06/2006 ones from dfi.com.tw?

Then, while I was (re)reading the Ultimate OC Guide, I was reading through all the memory timings part. Lots of the settings had explanations that contained confusing parts, for example TCCD, BH5, BH6, VX, and UTT. My RAM is:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...gb_dual_channel

I couldn't find any information if this was TCCD, BH5, BH6, VX, or UTT, and if not, what else it could be. Is there a way of finding out what it is?

The OCZ site lists the RAM is 2.75v, and 500 mhz. However, it has to run at 400 Mhz (opteron 170), so should be voltage be lower? Should it stay the same for stability?

I probably have more questions, but this is all that I could remember/gather so far.

Thanks for reading, and I value everyone's help/opinions/comments.

Several views, no answers, so I'm going to clean up my post. I spent a hour compiling questions, so my post may be muddy.

To clarify:

What are the benefits of the 7/04-2BTA BIOS over the 4/06 BIOS?

Is ocz_el_ddr_pc_4000_gold_gx_xtc_2gb_dual_channel RAM TCCD, BH5, BH6, VX, or UTT?

What's the deal with the yellow/orange RAM slots? If I remember correctly, yellow is faster than orange, or something to the same linkness?

Thank you again.

BIOS versions are pretty much trial and error. Try out the BIOS that came with your board. It may be just what you need. Flashing BIOS is a good idea if you have issues with your stock BIOS.

As for your RAM, not sure exactly which chips you have.

Orange RAM slots are the standard here, only use yellow if you are having trouble.

I have the same mem as you and I'm using the 704 2bta without any issues.

Never could figure out what chips were on these, but that bios works fine.

As far as running @ ddr 500 goes.....

If you're not going to OC the processor, you're going to need to drop the cpu multi down to allow you to bring the fsb (HTT) up to 250 in order to get full mem speed @ 1 - 1.

Oh, and I've run in both sets of slots with no difference.

Well, I guess the best thing you can do is to start with the Tmod's DFI Bios cd, which includes almost all bioses for your board. From there, like it's said before, it's really trial and error. I know, it takes some time but in the end you'll be happy you took the time for it, i'll promiss you that :cool: