Replacing My Existing Ultra-D...

Deep_6_InVesteD

As much info as possible...

Help, I recently upgraded my system (cpu and 2nd 7600GT) and have decided to upgrade my mobo as well. I originally intended to convert my Ultra-D into a SLi board, via the #2 pencil mod... After great thought and extensive reading I have opted to purchase a new SLi Mobo.

Where I have hit a brick wall is deciding the actual board to purchase. New Egg has always been my hardware supplier, and I planned to use them this times as well. Currently there is at lease 6 different DFI LanParty boards offering SLi, and little information to support the superior performers.

Board for board, under $200... What board is going to give me the best results in gaming environment such as Counter Strike: Source? ? ?

I know there are many factors, and much is opinion... I am looking for some insight from experience... Not money back guarantee :)

If I could get one over here in the Netherlands I would buy the Expert..but then, I like a challenge.

:)

I would keep your Ultra-D. It is my s939 board of choice for ease of use, stability, and ram compatibility.

The SLI-DR is the same board but with all features enabled. I would mod the Ultra-D for SLI personally.

If you must get another board, I say either SLI-DR or Expert if you're feeling confident. The Expert is a harder board to work with than the Ultra-D/SLI-DR, not impossibly hard but the Ultra-D/SLI-DR is tremendously fun to use and easy to get setup (especially ram wise). That said, I still vote to stay with your Ultra-D (it'll save some money too ;)).

In my opinion, the Ultra-D is THE s939 board to own for it's overclocking ability, price, ease of use, and just plain sexiness! The Ultra-D is to s939 what the 250Gb is to s754.. THE BEST!!! :D