More 975 X/G Ratios: 1:1 vs 4:5 and 4gb OCing

Yellowbeard

I'll throw the PC8888 in later and see if I can hit 1050+ at CAS 4. I've been wondering about that. So far though, this board does not like ANYTHING over 400 FSB asynch. And, I'll do it at the rated Vdimm of 2.4v so the results would applly to an end user that wants a 24/7 rig that will last. This testing IMO is for usable results, not suicide runs and benchmark erections.

I agree with that, that's why my oc's are always always 24/7, orthos stable 8 hours plus at a minimum.. 2.5vdimm is the most I'll use and that's with fans too..

benchmark erections are for benchmarkers.lol

stock ddr1034 or so should be go... at cas 5, even cas 4 for orthos blend 8 hours.

Looking forwards to what that stuff can do for comfortable 24/7 at stock..

btw what's the max you can run the dominators at with the extra cooling solution you guys have got?

regards

Raja

No, I still have the 32 bit OS limitation but, yes, I have 4 x 1gb installed. Sandra and benchmarks recognize it and, in 1 or 2 tests, the 4gb is the best performer of the 4 profiles I used. However, Windows will still only allow me to actually use about 2.9gb to 3.2gb for applications. The main reason I tested 4 DIMMs is to see how well the board will OC with 4 DIMMs loaded. Since Vista is going to be coming, I wanted to anticipate 4gb usage. So far this MOBO passes with flying colors.

has eney of u chaps notaced the extra ram heat with the higher fsb's .

for example if i run my modules at their rated 1000Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.2volts. i can run them like that for hours on a lower fsb o/c. if i touch my ram they just feel warm'ish.

as soon as u pump up the fsb, even with a lower ram Mhz/volts. they feel pritty hot to touch.

im running at the moment at fsb400 3.6Ghz. ram 1:1 800Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.0volts. these setting seem to get my chips toaste hot??, but very fast.

im not setting eney of the drive strenghts in bios, as i find they also make my ram feel hot for the amount of volts & its Mhz.

are u all finding this with all ure different types of modules?

thanks

cool,

so its probibly my board setting the drive strenghts when im on auto & at the high fsb's.

ive been using 2x drive strenghts for when i was trying for a stable fsb415 , ram 1:1 o/c. but im getting re-booting issues with this current bios.

im thinking of going back to a previous bios, as i was only getting the re-booting issues at about 422-423fsb before. i was also still on my air rig then.

FWIW, I know all you guys are just hovering near your keyboards, anticipating my next post. :P

I'm not ignoring you but, I won't be working/testing any more until 2007. It's my patriotic duty to drink beer (American of course) and help usher in the new year.

Live Long and Prosper, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HEY! YELLOWBEARD! You get around, don't you? I'm gettin' ready to do a DFI build to add to the fleet!

Yeah, I'm the paid human forum bot these days. But, I'm having lots of fun, meeting people, learning, and I have new gear to play with like these 2 DFI MOBOs I have been torturing. And, it's fun just hanging and helping, not pimping and spamming.