Christmas clocking, opty 165 @ 2.97GHz

Jarman

Im sure i can reach that magic 3GHz marker on my opty 165, but i need some help :)

The OC is stable in OCCT for 3hrs (i know i need to test for longer :))

The thing is my ram will not run on a divider lower than 333MHz for some reason :/ this is causing me major problems!!! My poor OCZ ram is at DDR 495! Needless to say it doesnt like this (its stable but at high voltage with loose timings tested to DDR 500 with same timings for 14 hrs in memtest86+ from bios with no probs). :/ I dont feel i can push the ram much further.

Any ideas on how i can get a lower divider to work???

Whenever i try a lower divider the machine posts but then reboots before trying to load windows!!! The chip is capable of more im sure, but i need help!!

If i need to post any more info or anything please let me know.

Thanks, & merry xmas :D

Any ideas on how i can get a lower divider to work???

Whenever i try a lower divider the machine posts but then reboots before trying to load windows!!! The chip is capable of more im sure, but i need help!!

If your 165 is like 99% of them the only thing that is going to help is PC4000 rated memory. Lower dividers are next to impossible to use with a high HTT.

Thanks for the replies :)

Using latest BIOS from DFI site, just made a new thread not so long ago with some screenies etc of what ive managed so far.

Praz i greatly appreciate your input, yes its impossible for me to get the divider to work under 150 and this is holding me back now!!! so ive ordered a 2GB cellshock kit at DDR 500 to help combat the problem

link to new thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72384