Warm boot issue turns to no POST issue with overclocking

Thraxz

My NB temps at 1.75v are ~44C load. I'm expecting somewhere around 48C with 1.85Vnb, which is acceptable for me.

Right now I'm more worried about CPU temps. That is what I'll be working on the most. Lapping and the like.

naked core conroe with a storm water block could be fun on a conroe...

In fact as I have a few spares here it's something I might try for a laugh, though I'd have to have the ihs removed for me by fcg stateside, sorry just me being ott again...

Hey the thread's purpose is dead I don't care if you even start talking about purple elephants, green eggs and ham.

I really need to reseat my TDX and give it another go. 60C+ temps at this Vcore are just too high to be real. Then again, I do work in a 27C+ house.

naked core conroe with a storm water block could be fun on a conroe...

In fact as I have a few spares here it's something I might try for a laugh, though I'd have to have the ihs removed for me by fcg stateside, sorry just me being ott again...

Hey raju, been following your posts in regards to the Infinity/Conroe, here at the streets and Xtreme. Is it wrong for me to assume that you have succesfully taken the ihs off of the Conroe? I lapped mine a couple of days ago and it seems that the pcb and the ihs have a very good glue around it. No matter how I tried to protect the cpu when lapping, water just gets to the flip side where the socket meets the cpu and there was liquid all around it. I popped it in the board and it boots just fine, temps got lower. I got to read that thread about removing the ihs but got doubts about doing it since the ihs may be soldered to the core itself. Sorry to jack your thread Thraxz:angel:

no buddy it's not something I'd attempt myself. There is one member at xs who seems to have mastered it though and charges around $10 or so. IF I did it that's the way I'd go. For watercooling with a storm the results may well be ok. Phase is risky but maybe worth the death of one cpu..lol.. Of course I say this tongue in cheek as we are the guys that just can't get enoough and all logic goes out of the window :)

regards

Raja

Well... I totally jinxed myself. Now my board won't boot period. I edited my old OCDB with my new voltage (3609MHz and 1.375Vcore) and then went to reboot and try to push the voltage down yet again... now it won't boot at all... I tried stripping off the IDE and sound card.... no boot. CMOS clears.... short and long.

Son of a classy lady! This board is . me off. I'll be RMAing it shortly if this crap keeps up.

Well... I totally jinxed myself. Now my board won't boot period. I edited my old OCDB with my new voltage (3609MHz and 1.375Vcore) and then went to reboot and try to push the voltage down yet again... now it won't boot at all... I tried stripping off the IDE and sound card.... no boot. CMOS clears.... short and long.

Son of a classy lady! This board is . me off. I'll be RMAing it shortly if this crap keeps up.

Thraxz, try this, if you got a pair of another ddr2 use it to try and boot up your updated stable settings. When I could not do anything to boot up my system last week, I went and got myself a cheap pair of ddr2. I thought my Ballistix went bad on me but I tried to boot up with the cheap ones and it worked. Swapped the ballistix one by one and it also worked, changed some settings again then no boot, traced back what I did previously and it worked. So then I just settled with the 3.6 and tried to lower the temps on 1.5 by lapping my cpu, it worked.