question about BT mouse and keyboard

So I am using a Microsoft bluetooth mouse and keyboard that connect with a usb dongle and my question is can I use them to do things like access the bios? Do I need to also have a ps2 mouse and keyboard connected for the system to boot?And if I can dispense with the ps2 mouse and keyboard, how would I go about doing so? It's a drag always having these corded components attached all the time in case I need to reboot.

Also ever since I first fired up the system the light on my slave DVD drive has been blinking as though it were reading a disk, but I assure you that there is no disk in there. What's up with that? :confused:

I've never used a wireless keyboard (I do have a wireless mouse) and have never used a bluetooth mouse/keyboard so I cannot answer.

I would say no though, because BT needs to start up a service in windows and detect a device, which it cannot do in the BIOS. If the BIOS somehow had BT built into it (like it does for USB/Firewire) then it would still be a toss-up heh.

ALWAYS keep a PS/2 keyboard and a floppy disk drive somewhere in a closet or something....you never know when you will need such a thing.

im using a MS b-t mouse but with a usb keyboard, i diddnt buy the set just the mouse, so i dont have that problem.

happy deff right with blue-t only works in windows so there isnt eney thing you can do.

i bought my mouse, as MS sp2 was coming out, i was still on sp1 at the time & it only worked after sp2 was installed. i was also still on dial-up, so i rang MS & they sent be a copy of SP2 free.

if ure mouse is the same as mine , it drinks AA batterys. ive got re-chargable ones so i just rotate between two sets. i prefur it that way im not to keen on the ones with charging cradles. what do you do if they run out during a game:mad:;)

I bought a ms bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo, and it only works in windows. It requires os level drivers, which you dont have in the bios, so it wont work during a bootloader menu like grub or lilo, or in your bios (which is why i returned mine.)

btw you need to set your bios's boot priority to hdd first.