Headphones AND Speakers

Hey people. At the moment when I'm playing games while I listen to music, through headphones.

But i also have computer speakers, and i want to make the music come through the speakers, and the game sound effects through the head phones.

Any ideas how to do this?

I currently have a LanParty Expert with that Karajan Audio.

Cheers,

-Grim.

_______

Eelemus’s solution is good.

Front Audio

The front audio connector (J4) on the Karajan audio module allows

you to connect to the line-out and mic-in jacks that are at the front

panel of your system. Using this connector will disable the rear audio’s line-out and mic-in functions.

hrmm.....im not sure if it would work....i would try install 2 different sound cards, and tell the diff programs to output to the corrent card and that should work...

Or i could just buy one card and use the onboard sound to do the music and the card to do the games. Or vice versa.

Eelemus’s solution is good.

How would that help?

What does line in and mic-out have to do with line-out?The most simple solution is to get another soundcard.But try it out before since a friend of mine tried this on a Gigabyte and the onboard didn't work.That was because he had only auto so when the BIOS detected a soundcard it automatically disabled the onboard one.But try it out with a cheap one or one you have laying around before you call it quits.

What does line in and mic-out have to do with line-out?The most simple solution is to get another soundcard.But try it out before since a friend of mine tried this on a Gigabyte and the onboard didn't work.That was because he had only auto so when the BIOS detected a soundcard it automatically disabled the onboard one.But try it out with a cheap one or one you have laying around before you call it quits.

Yes that is the most simple solution, but that envolves buying a sound card.

There must be another way.

As you wish but I don't think it will work.Eventually if you would manage to use a 5.1 configuration and set the rear or something to line out.But if you are using 5.1 speakers that won't work.And I don't think there is an option in winamp or in a game that allows you to choose the channel where you sound should come to you only the soundcard.

As you wish but I don't think it will work.Eventually if you would manage to use a 5.1 configuration and set the rear or something to line out.But if you are using 5.1 speakers that won't work.And I don't think there is an option in winamp or in a game that allows you to choose the channel where you sound should come to you only the soundcard.

I was thinking of that idea to, but as you said you can't choose the channel in a game or media player.